Enterprise UDAAP Compliance Director at USAA
Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
Location: San Antonio, TexasJob Description:
Purpose of Job Leads and motivates cross-functional team members in strategy development and implementation of compliance solutions. Independently performs complex and often unique work assignments and problem resolution within a CoSA and enterprise projects. Serves as the subject matter expert to ensure documents, projects, processes, and product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
We are currently seeking talented Enterprise UDAAP Compliance Director for our San Antonio, TX facility.
- Reviews laws and regulations for business impact and completes risk assessments. Leads and motivates cross-functional team members in strategy development and implementation of compliance solutions. Utilizes advanced leadership and collaborative skills in interacting with compliance stakeholders or regulatory agencies. Fosters cooperation across team and organizational units. Builds consensus and morale through understanding of underlying team dynamics and by promoting development of team relationships.
- Anticipates and identifies future needs, opportunities and potential solutions, and leads cross-functional teams through the problem resolution process. Directs analyses and root cause identification; develops and recommends compliance solutions impacting the enterprise. Establishes aggressive goals for the organization and monitors to ensure achievement.
- Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects or operational requests. Advises senior management on issues and has authority to make project-related decisions. Develops, designs and delivers compliance strategies to senior leadership; negotiates solutions with leadership. Develops and delivers all types of messages effectively.
- Ensures proper implementation of business requirements and identifies outstanding compliance issues. Develops action plans for
- advancing compliance initiatives and for resolving outstanding compliance issues. Anticipates how the organization must adapt to changes in the industry to sustain competitive advantage.
- Applies expert knowledge of the business, its products and processes. Maintains expert knowledge of the competitive/regulatory landscape and the company's key challenges. Serves as the primary resource for cross-functional team members on escalated issues of a unique nature. Serves as the technical expert, providing direction to others on complex issues, and mentoring team members. Demonstrates awareness of personal leadership style and works to achieve quality results by motivating and inspiring highly skilled team of compliance professionals. Builds processes and relationships that facilitate productive teamwork.
- Coordinates and responds to regulatory requirements and requests, and ensures the execution of conduct examinations. Accountable for achieving business objectives and results; provides guidance to cross-functional team members to ensure goal achievement and team success.
- 5 years experience leading a mid-to large financial services institutional UDAAP program
- 3 years of leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of equivalent work experience
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Ability to quickly assess, identify, communicate and address potential UDAAP violation with all levels of management
- Experience working with unfair and deceptive rules and regulations including Dodd-Frank Policy on Unfairness, CFPB unfair and deceptive policy Agency, big bank, regulatory and enforcement experience
- Regulatory interaction
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP) designations
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 9/18/17 by 11:59 pm CST time.
IMPORTANT: External Applicants - When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT use any special characters or ALL CAPS. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.