Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: El Paso, Texas
Job Code: 01515-17970
Las Palmas Medical Center is a Level III Trauma, 186-private patient room, full service acute care hospital. Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive healthcare and provides leading-edge technologies. Our Lifecare Center offers inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs, as well as our fully equipped fitness and wellness center in one convenient location. We also house the region s only Kidney Transplant Center.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision, performs routine, complex or specialized bacteriological, hematological, chemical, immunological, serological and immunoassay procedures on body fluids which will aid in the diagnosis and evaluation of the treatment of diseases while maintaining the highest standards of medical technology. He/she must maintain the highest standards of any and all accrediting agencies. Performs related quality control and clerical work as required.
Clinical Laboratory services performed on patients from Neonate to Geriatric ages.
1. Effectively uses laboratory equipment
2. Performs and reports testing on QC and patient specimens rapidly and without delay.
3. Demonstrates competence in performing testing procedures.
4. Other duties as assigned.
1. INDIVIDUAL LEADERSHIP: Demonstrates confidence in own skills, knowledge and ability and opportunities for personal growth and ability to accept and adapt change.
2. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
3. TRANSCULTURAL SENSITIVITY: Treats patients/customers as individuals with unique values, beliefs, and practices.
4. RISK MANAGEMENT/PATIENT/CUSTOMER SAFETY: Demonstrates patient/customer safety according to policies and procedures.
5. EDUCATOR: Identifies, implements, and/or evaluates opportunities for patient/family education.
6. INFECTION CONTROL: Demonstrates infection control practices congruent with policies and procedures.
7. PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates performance improvement activities at the department level.
8. FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY: Identifies opportunities for waste reduction and department efficiency.
9. INFORMATION MANAGEMENT: Demonstrates adherence to information management polices and procedures, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
10. COMMUNICATION: Works as a team member through interaction, assistance and demonstration of appropriate communication skills and reporting/activation of the chain of command appropriately.
11. PRACTICES PROFESSIONALISM: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates personal performance.
12. ETHICS/COMPLIANCE: Performs all duties ethically, complying with all policies and procedures, federal, state, and local laws.
13. ENVIRONMENT OF CARE: Demonstrates accountability in role and responsibilities of the 7 Environment of Care plans.
14. JOB SPECIFIC: Provides quality, timely results.
Licensure or certification is not required.
Bachelor degree in clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Preferred certification as a Laboratory Medical Technician, MLT(ASCP), or equivalent certification which is issued from a recognized accrediting agency. General 1-3 years clinical laboratory experience or equivalent clinical lab training.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 09/18/2017