Import & Freight Analyst at Helen of Troy
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: El Paso, Texas
Do you have a passion for building iconic brands on a global scale? Do you want to contribute to developing a best-in-class licensing organization? Do you enjoy working with a global cross functional team?
As an Import & Freight Analyst, a typical day might include the following:
- Review and make payment of all ocean shipments coming to the US and Canada, as well as all customs entries of all modes of transportation to include: ocean, air, truck, and parcel.
- Coordinates with other departments (traffic, supply chain, forecasting, marketing, sales, et.) to ensure that shipments are released by the time they arrive to final destination.
- Maintains up-to-date databases with the tariff, duty, and PGAs information, as well as, customs compliance information for the United States and Canada.
This opportunity might be for you if you have/are:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma and specialized or technical training OR 2 years related experience equivalent to specialized or technical training.
- 2 or more years experience customs brokerage and freight background. Accounting background preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Customs Classification, Customs Valuation, Trade Agreements, country of origin and country of origin marking and Partner Government Agencies requirements.
- Basic knowledge of current trade issues (Example: ADD/CVD), and customs entry auditing.
- Must be well versed reading and understanding Freight bills and CBP forms.
- Bilingual skills, Spanish, preferred.
- Good analytical skills to recognize any issues outside the regular processes and to resolve, if possible, without any other assistance.
- Excellent multi-tasking, teamwork, time management, and customer service skills.
- Good Microsoft Office application skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Good initiative skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties, education/experience/skills requirement of the position at any time.