Registered Nurse (RN)-Surgery, FT Evenings at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: El Paso, Texas
Job Code: 01512-17405
Evenings (rotating weekends)
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide professional nursing care of patients utilizing the nursing process as a circulating nurse in the Operating Room. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality healthcare. Reports to the Charge Nurse.
POPULATION SERVED: Serves all patients across the age continuum with the exception of neonates
1. Clinical Role Model - Demonstrates an advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care. Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff. Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when he/she is on duty.
2. Leadership - Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision and management of staff. Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shifts.
3. Administrative - Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operational area of the nursing unit. Makes decisions regarding activities within the unit based on Nursing and Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
4. Customer Service - Demonstrates awareness of his/her unique position and method of dealing with customers. Continuously strives to exceed customer's needs.
5. Other duties as assigned
* Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state.
Current BLS certification.
Current ACLS certification upon hire (Exception: GN must obtain within six (6) months from date of hire or transfer into OR)
Current PALS certification upon hire (Exception: GN must obtain within six (6) months from date of hire or transfer into OR
REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Minimum College Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing .
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: BSN preferred; OR experience preferred.
Reads and writes English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physicians' orders.
Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other staff.
Knowledge of body substance isolation.
Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 09/19/2017