Posted in Other 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: El Paso, Texas
Job Code: 01515-17974
Days (rotating weekends)
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates treatment plans.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Cardiac/cardiovascular, neuro,GI conditions and diseases including and not limited to: CAD, PVD, COPD, CHF, metabolic disorders, etc.
* Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process for Telemetry patients
* Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral, neurological and physiological status and takes appropriate action
* Administers and monitors the effects of medications, treatments and procedures performed on the patient.
* Assists with unit employee process activities, including orientation and professional development
* Demonstrates knowledge of established policies and procedures which regulate the practice of nursing
* Participates and cooperates in the Quality Improvement activities of the department
* Maintains and practices quality patient care through the effective use of resources and personnel.
* Educates the patient/family based on individual needs
* Other duties as assigned within scope and practice of licensure
REQUIRED LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION
* RN licensed in State of Texas/Compact.
* BCLS certified
* Current ACLS (Exception: NEW GRADUATE must obtain within six (6) months from date of hire
RN licenses in State of Texas/Compact.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED (LIST REQUIRED AND PREFERRED SEPARATELY
* Critical Care Background
* Dysrhythmia Recognition
* Proficiency in EKG
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Medical nursing unit experience preferred
* Read and write basic English with basic skills necessary to transfer physician orders
* Knowledge of body substance isolation
* Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds with assistance from others
* Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
* Basic computer skills and proficiency
* Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 09/21/2017