Posted in Other 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Job Code: 00073-89915
REGISTERED NURSE RN
SURGICAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT - SICU
MEDICAL CITY OF FORT WORTH
Medical City of Ft. Worth is a 320 bed MAGNET facility located in the heart of Fort Worth. Plaza serves as a tertiary referral center not only for Tarrant County, but also numerous counties within a 90 mile radius.
* Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
* Accredited AMI Program
* Accredited Stroke Center
* Cardiovascular center of Excellence
* Critical Care Unit - RN
WHY OUR SICU IS WHERE YOU NEED TO BE:
* Family-like atmosphere
* Transparency between team and leaders
* Highly skilled units with cutting-edge devices and procedures
* Close collaboration between nursing and physicians as well as other hospital disciplines
* Large organization with many areas/opportunities to learn and grow
SURGICAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT - SICU RN
The SICU RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
* Carries out physician orders.
* Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Instructs and educates patients and families.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing; BSN preferred.
* Current licensure as an RN required or compact license is accepted
* Current certification as a BLS.
* Prefer a minimum of 1 year Acute Care RN experience
Last Edited: 09/22/2017