Senior Architectural Professional Field Representative at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as a Senior Architectural Field Rep for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
Desired skills and expertise:
- Completion of five or six-year architectural degree program
- Minimum of 8 years total professional experience; experience required in all phases of project work including preparation of conceptual, schematic, design development, and construction documents and supporting materials
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the construction administration phase with an emphasis on experience in the field
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of building materials, detailing, construction techniques, building systems selection, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies and building codes
- Demonstrates knowledge of masonry construction and projects that include scope within existing facilities is preferred
- Participates in the management and review of shop drawings and sample submittals
- Coordinates and develops responses to contractor questions, inquiries, RFI’s etc. and assists fellow team members and direct reports to that end
- Prepares punch-lists and field observation reports and coordinates with fellow team members and direct reports to that end
- Makes appropriate value judgments with respect to field corrective work that supports the design concept and performance goals of the project
- Participates in project document control tasks and assists with quality control of such tasks in accordance with SOM’s quality control program
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.