2018 Summer Intern - Campus at Travelport
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Centennial, Colorado
The opportunity to go further
When you work at Travelport you can make a difference on a global scale. As a Summer 2018 Intern you ll be joining a team that s responsible for delivering truly innovative software that impacts our many customers and travelers around the world.
As an Intern Analyst at Travelport, you will help us evolve and advance our industry with a single-minded aim to create a more connected, more efficient and more profitable world for our customers. With a 40+ year history of both predicting and driving new innovation, we re delivering against the unmet needs of our customers and
the world s travelers. In essence you will help us redefine travel commerce. In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
* Ensure functional and/or technical designs meet business requirements so target results are achieved
* Analyze and interpret data to find trends and formulate sound business recommendations
* Assist in with the review of test cases, prepare test data and provide assistance with defect clarification
* Assist with process improvement activities within the Travelport End-to-End Delivery Model
* Provide common technical services for OTM, Session Remediation, and Common Base Infrastructure
* Perform entry-level testing and debugging of software applications and modify code as needed
* Evaluate and manage complex storage infrastructure and develop restore testing documentation for local and remote back-up copies
* Maintain and support key applications, infrastructure and software
* Takes responsibility for a set of tasks to help initiate, plan, execute, control, and/or close a project
* Actively pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Math, Statistics, or related field with a graduation date no later than Spring/Summer 2019
* Strong academic performance. Minimum GPA 3.0
* Basic understanding and working knowledge of productivity applications such as Microsoft Office Suite
* Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and problem solving abilities, and keen attention to detail
* Good leadership skills with the ability to work effectively in a team as demonstrated through extracurricular activities, school projects and/or work experience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Effective organization and time management skills
* Self-motivated and proactive with a passion for the advancement of Technology
Travelport provides distribution, technology, payment and other solutions to the global travel and tourism industry. In short, we enable the world to search, share, buy and sell travel. The Technology Team has a crucial role to play in this. We re highly creative, collaborative and innovative people who work on complex problems, but the challenge is interesting and fun, and a solution is always achievable.
This is truly a chance to develop your career and your skills with a business that cares about its people and a culture where your voice will be heard.
Take the opportunity to go further...
Applicants for this position must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require Company sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Travelport is an equal employment opportunity employer..