Maintenance Mechanic Technician
at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee
Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
Are you a self-motivated Maintenance Technician who is committed to putting safety first? Do you have a desire to learn and share knowledge? If so, we may have the job for you! Our Cleveland, TN facility is seeking a qualified Maintenance Mechanic Technician to join our manufacturing operations team. Maintenance Technicians create value by ensuring the reliability of equipment to help meet and exceed the facility's quality and production goals for corrugated containers and specialty packing products. This is done by inspecting, troubleshooting and diagnosing mechanical problems on all manufacturing equipment. To learn more about our Packaging division, please visit: www.gppackaging.com
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Troubleshooting and repairing electric/electronic equipment, hydraulic, mechanical, and pneumatic systems
- Participating in a Preventative Maintenance (PM) program
- Recording maintenance and repairs in a computerized system
- Collaborating with operations to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participating in the safety program
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience diagnosing and repairing hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and other industrial mechanical systems
- Experience troubleshooting Allen Bradley and Siemens programmable logic controls (PLCs)
- Experience troubleshooting AC/DC motors and drives
- Working knowledge of ladder logic
- Experience working with 24v and 110v controlled circuitry
- Experience working with 480v industrial electricity
- Willing and able to provide your own metric and standard tools, including but not limited to: socket and wrench sets, and Allen T-handles
- Experience reading technical drawings, schematics & manuals
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Willing and able to work in high and/or confined spaces
- Willing and able to work any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
One or more of the following qualifications:
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as an Industrial Electrician or Maintenance Mechanic
- A two (2) year technical degree or higher in maintenance mechanics and at least two (2) years of experience in an electrical role in an industrial manufacturing or military environmen
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience programing Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) and PLCs
- Experience producing technical drawings
- Corrugated maintenance experience
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.