Converting Machine Operators/Assistants at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Do you enjoy working in a team environment? Are you committed to safety? If this sounds like the role for you, then check out this job!
Converting Machine Operators/Assistants- Cleveland, TN
Georgia-Pacific is looking for motivated and detail oriented individuals to join our team as Converting Machine Operators/Assistants in Cleveland, TN. The Converting Machine Operators/Assistants create value by safely operating production machines to meet and exceed the plant’s production and quality goals. Candidates who acquire the knowledge and skills to be successful in the Converting Machine Operator/Assistant position will have exciting opportunities for advancement.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. We manufacture standard corrugated containers, as well as many specialty packaging products for various industries. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific and our corrugated facilities please visit: www.gppackaging.com/
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Adhering to all plant environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while helping to meet and exceed production, waste, and quality goals
- Troubleshooting and making minor machine adjustments
- Maintaining cleanliness in designated work area throughout shift
- Handling or assisting all aspects of the machine’s daily production including setting-up, operating, maintaining production quality and performing daily maintenance
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Six (6) months or more of experience operating a machine
- Two (2) years or more work experience
- Willing and able to work any shift, including holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for at least 8 hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience working in a corrugated box plant
- Experience using a computer to perform the following tasks: email, data entry, creating documents, etc.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf