Environmental/Safety Supervisor at Church & Dwight
Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Green River, Wyoming
Church & Dwight Co., Inc., a leader in personal care and household consumer products, offers several well-known brands, including Arm & Hammer, Trojan, Nair, Spinbrush and Oxi-Clean. We currently have this excellent opportunity at our Green River, WY, manufacturing facility:
The incumbent in this position will manage environmental and safety initiatives and programs, and provide supervision for the site s utility group. Based on a comprehensive knowledge of federal and state air quality, solid/hazardous waste and water quality regulations, the incumbent will implement and maintain site environmental permits and programs to ensure overall compliance and minimize environmentally-related liabilities. Additional responsibilities for this position will include addressing day-to-day safety responsibilities that help ensure compliance with applicable OSHA standards, which includes identifying and mitigating hazards in the workplace that could result in harm to employees. Below is a list of specific duties that fall under the Environmental/Safety Supervisor s areas of responsibility:
* Develops and implements environmental programs and procedures in accordance with OSHA, EPA and state requirements, and in conjunction with the Corporate Environmental Safety Operations (ESO).
* Monitors and ensures that all employees and site operations are complying with applicable environmentally-related Company policies and procedures.
* Participates as the site s primary environmental contact during agency inspections and reports on inspection results to site management and Corporate ESO.
* Responsible for ensuring that all environmental operations such as wastewater treatment, waste disposal and air emissions are properly permitted and in compliance.
* Coordinates the disposal and recycling of wastes with applicable departments and maintains the required documentation.
* Ensures manifests are completed properly per RCRA and DOT requirements whenever generation of hazardous and universal waste occurs on site.
* Ensures required SARA reports are submitted to local and state emergency agencies, regarding hazardous materials on site.
* Completes an extensive annual report as well as quarterly audit updates to the Company s law department.
* Identifies hazards in the workplace
* Inspects and evaluates workplace environments, equipment, and practices for compliance with corporate and government health and safety standards and regulations
* Investigates accidents and incidents to identify their causes and to determine how they might be prevented in the future
* Conducts training on a variety of topics such as emergency preparedness, confined space procedures, hazardous energy control, etc.
* Coordinates and schedules the flow of work assignments and projects for the site s utility department and for temporary workers assigned to Utility.
* Completes onboarding/orientation activities for entry-level new hires during their probation period, monitors their acclimation to company principles and standards, and provides formal feedback on initial performance.
* Ensures that employees and temporary workers are fully trained, both in job duties and safety policies, following SOP s and accurately completing paperwork.
* Assures safe working practices are understood and followed.
* Evaluates department employees and making hiring/termination recommendations.
* B.S. degree, with preference for a scientific discipline related to environmental and/or safety.
* Three to five years industrial or manufacturing plant experience
The successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively with federal and state agencies, corporate environmental and safety contacts, and hourly direct reports. Additional qualifications include: demonstrated ability to reason, timely and quality decision-making, proven ability with verbal and written communications, etc.; computer literacy; strong interpersonal skills; the ability to successfully multi-task; proactive problem-solving; and excellent leadership skills with the ability to drive a culture of participation and teamwork. Preference will be given to candidates having one (1) or more years of supervisory or management experience, three (3) or more years of applicable environmental or safety experience, and proficiency with scheduling.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an EOE, M/F/Disability/Veteran.