Regulatory Affairs Specialist at Pinnacle Foods
Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Boulder, Colorado
REGULATORY AFFAIRS SPECIALIST
At Pinnacle Foods we are at the top of our game and the key to our success is clear. Everything we do is driven by our purpose: unleashing brand potential, dynamically evolving and improving our already beloved products to bring more convenience, taste, nutrition, and joy to today's consumers.
Boulder Brands is committed to offering food solutions that give consumers opportunities to improve their lives one product at a time. The company s health and wellness platform consists of brands that target specific health trends: the Glutino and Udi s Gluten Free brands for gluten-free diets; the Earth Balance and Gardein brands for plant-based diets; and EVOL foods for consumers seeking simple and pure ingredients.
The results* Our well-recognized products are found in 85% of American households and are leaders in their respective categories, holding the #1 or #2 market share position in 10 of the 14 categories in which we compete and we're just getting started. We are committed to adding value through strategic growth that synergizes our portfolio of \\"Leadership\\" and \\"Foundation\\" brands and plays to our strengths in R&D, consumer insights, and senior management experience.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Regulatory Affairs Specialist is responsible for ensuring that product packaging complies with corporate and regulatory agencies' (USDA/FDA) guidelines. Primary responsibilities will include providing nutritional information, conducting packaging review for regulatory compliance, and supporting other groups (R&D and Marketing) in the development of new or updated products. Flexibility, a high degree of technical expertise, and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage, prioritize, coordinate and support customer requests for regulatory information
* Create and maintain updated technical information packages for formulated products: create preliminary product data sheet with information supplied by R&D, approve ingredient statements, allergen and nutrition specs for commercialized products
* Conduct regulatory research and continually update knowledge of applicable regulations
* Review, edit and approve all packaging, label texts and other documents carrying product information, against the appropriate legal requirements.
* Ensure compliance with U.S. government standards (FDA & USDA) and company guidelines.
* Provide supporting materials to support GFCO, Kosher, Project Non-GMO, and other Certifications and claims
* Expertise to respond to unusual or specialized regulatory issues.
* Manage and control RA & technical data documentation
* Populates Technical Data Sheets
* College Diploma or Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience.
* 5 years experience in similar position.
* Clear verbal and written communication skills
* Very strong computer skills (Excel, power point, etc.)
* Experience with nutritional database system (i.e Devex)
* Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
* Excellent knowledge, comprehension, and application of the Food and Drug Act and USDA regulations
* Familiarity with manufacturing and quality aspects of the food / flavor industry
* Ability to work independently as well as a team player cross-functionally
* Ability to appropriately handle confidential information
* Detailed, independent, proactive and organized individual
* Excellent record keeping / documentation skills
* Detail-oriented and meticulous
* Comfortable with limited traveling
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other legally protected basis.