Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: DEER PARK, Texas
Responsible for performing quantity determination inspections of ships, barges and pipeline transfers of petroleum, petrochemical and chemical products.
* Physically sample, measure, and take the temperature of vessel s tanks and shore tanks utilizing a variety of methods dictated by company and API procedures.
* Calculates and reports quantities transferred and perform all reconciliation of same.
* Accurately complete all required reports and forms.
* Work in cooperation with client s representatives, U.S. Customs, vessel personnel, government agents and shore facility personnel to insure accurate results are achieved.
* Maintain regular communication with office staff with reference to job status, problems, concerns, etc.
* Maintain knowledge and adhere to the latest industry and client procedures and standards as provided by SGS.
* All required licenses must be maintained in an active status without suspension or revocation throughout employment.
* Assist in other branch duties as assigned (Dispatching, filing, sampling disposal, etc.).
* Provide guidance and assist in the training of Inspector Trainees.
* Operate to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the SGS Statement of Integrity.
* High School degree or general education degree (GED).
* Candidates must have a minimum of 6 months experience physically sampling, measuring, and taking temperatures of vessel s tanks and shore tanks utilizing a variety of methods dictated by company and API procedures.
* Should have IFIA (International Federation of Inspection Agencies) certification or be able to obtain certification within reasonable time after hire (company assistance provided).
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization.
* Basic math comprehension with an aptitude for fractions.
* Must be able to perform job duties as it pertains to:
* Working outdoors during adverse weather conditions (rain, heat, cold, etc.,)
* Must be able to work in confined spaces.
* Must be able to climb storage tank ladders and stairs, typically 25 to 65 feet high.
* Must be able to climb vessel gangways, stairs, ladders, etc.
* Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds of samples, gear or equipment.
* Must be able to differentiate between colors accurately by sight.
* Must have flexible schedule and be available to work rotating shift. Able to work extended or abnormal hours (evenings, weekend / holiday) when needed to meet business commitments. This may include working on-call.
* Depending on situation, may have to utilize SCBA and / respirator. (Will be trained and fit tested).
* Must have insured transportation, with sufficient room to carry equipment.
* Must successfully pass pre-physical/drug/alcohol testing (including annual). Must maintain active driver s license, TWIC, and adhere to OSHA requirements for respirator fitting.
* Individual must be dependable and reliable whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department.
* Ability to work effectively under pressure, while performing numerous projects concurrently with different deadlines.
* High tolerance for job pressure and extended hours.
* Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written).
* Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when necessary.
* Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources into solutions.
* Excellent analytical skills with the ability to make sound suggestions or recommendations.
* Must be able to work within a team environment (assist, train, etc. co-workers) but works independently with minimal or no supervision.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability