Freight Assembly Center (FAC) Manager at XPO Logistics Freight, Inc.
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Fe Springs, California
Logistics done differently.
You know how to bring out the best in your team. You’re ready to grow as a professional—to go bigger and better. As the Freight Assembly Center (FAC) Manager, you’ll provide the leadership of the night time FAC shift at an XPO Logistics service center. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Manage a fast pace nighttime dock operation
- Supervise all employees and handle all day-to-day issues related to their employment and performance
- Plan the daily manpower needs to ensure the timely, most cost-effective execution of the FAC shift
- Ensure clean and safe working condition of the facility and equipment
- Monitor, analyze and implement all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies
- Work closely with other supervisors and managers to provide direction, guidance, and coaching to team members within a positive work environment
- Route proper documentation and procedure control for hazardous material shipments
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Prior experience in a Less-than-Truckload (LTL) environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Basic computer skills
It’d be great if you also have:
- Thorough knowledge of transportation rules and regulations, OSHA laws, hazardous material regulations, NMFC and Tariff rules
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed