Senior Accountant at Movement Mortgage, LLC
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fort Mill, South Carolina
Why would an Accountant ever want to work for a mortgage company? Well, let us tell you why!
What You Need To Know
The Accountant will be involved in general accounting and with payroll and benefits. They will work closely with accounting department managers and their staff, to educate them regarding accounting procedures and be a resource for questions and issues that arise. The role will also receive various special projects related payroll and benefits, as well as reconciliations and accrual true up entries. These projects and tasks will require interaction with internal departments and external contacts which will require a high level of professional communication.
What We Are Looking For
• Two (2) to four (4) years relevant exempt level work experience in accounting
• Payroll and benefits experience
• Payroll reconciliation
• True up entry experience, including accrual true up
• Affiliate accounting (benefits invoicing, intercompany balances, and tax return documentation gathering)
• Proficient knowledge of GAAP (Generally accepted accounting principles) is required
• Ability to independently manage workload, set priorities, meet deadlines, work under pressure and adjust to change
• Strong computer skills – including all Microsoft Office software programs, accounting software and industry specific computer software
• Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to organize and prepare detail oriented standalone workpapers
• Analysis skills – ability to review a problem or procedure and recommend appropriate solutions based on knowledge of job and company procedures
• Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, holidays
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related discipline from four-year college or university
• Ensure all assigned account balances are accurate and reconciliations completed accurately in a timely manner for period end close
• For assigned areas review accounting controls and reconciliations, improving processes and modifying controls to enable efficient operations
• Provide customer service to internal and external clients as needed
• Escalate issues to manager as necessary
• Other duties assigned by management
Sound like a good fit? Let’s talk about how we can work together.
So, Why Movement?
• Competitive pay
• Medical, dental and life insurance
• Company matched 401K (Roth and traditional, up to 6%)
• Excellent career growth opportunity
• Fun, team-focused working environment
• Employee driven community outreach program
At Movement, we exist to love and value people. We are disrupting the mortgage industry by lending with integrity, building outstanding corporate culture and investing in our communities. On any given day, you might find a processor volunteering for a local charity or an underwriter winning the corn-hole tournament at Family Fun Day. You’ll also find that we’re the seventh largest mortgage lender in the country. Sound too good to be true? Check us out on our website: www.movement.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions. The Company reserves the rights to change, amend, add, delete, and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities, and position titles, as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business
See Job Description