Plant Engineering Systems Technician at 3M
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Brookings, South Dakota
The Plant Engineering Systems Technician will be responsible for maintenance of production converting, assembly and packaging equipment; troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, installation and start-up of new equipment. The position will require working with engineering and production personnel during the troubleshooting, modification and repair of plant equipment, utilities and processes.
Primary Responsibilities the Systems Technician position will be responsible for but not limited to the following specific duties:
- Perform routine preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment such as, but not limited to: AC/DC drives and motors, programmable logic controllers, process controllers, stepper & servo motors and controllers, fire protection equipment, hydraulic and pneumatic devices, and plant support equipment.
- Comply with all plant/department safety rules/policies while on 3M property and in the performance of this job
- Read and interpret blueprints, electrical schematics, sketches, vendor drawings and manuals in the performance of this job
- Provide updates to documentation when required
- Ability to transcribe ideas to print or sketch
- Perform maintenance and related functions using the computerized Maintenance Management System, SAMS
- Work with engineering and production personnel during the troubleshooting, modification, fabrication and repair of plant equipment, utilities and processes
- Provide technical recommendations regarding improvement and optimization of plant equipment, utilities and processes
- Fabrication of parts or control systems as necessary
This position will require:
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working on holidays as needed
- Working rotating shifts
- Obtaining and maintaining an Apprentice Electrical License
This position may require working:
- Short notice shift coverage
- Possess, or in the last 12 months of pursing, a two-year Associates degree in a maintenance field OR possess a High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 5 years of experience in Electro-Mechanics, Mechatronics Technology, Automation Controls/SCADA or Robotics.
- Associates degree in a Technical discipline such as Automation Controls/SCADA or Robotics
- PLC programming experience
- Industrial motor drive controls troubleshooting experience
- Experience working with electrical equipment
- Industrial maintenance experience
- Experience troubleshooting and problem solving in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work independently or with teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate, maintain, and repair tools and equipment
Relocation: Is not authorized
Location: Brookings, SD
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Brookings, a community of 23,773, is located in eastern South Dakota along Interstate 29, just one hour north of the state’s largest city – Sioux Falls. Brookings is a safe, family-friendly, vibrant, thriving community with many amenities you would find in a much larger city, but with a small-town feel. Residents enjoy the tree-lined streets, leisurely pace of living, a short commute time and a variety of career opportunities in a growing job market. Division I South Dakota State University creates a youthful and energetic atmosphere and provides residents with a multitude of athletic, cultural, educational and recreational activities. The top-ranked Brookings School District offers small classroom sizes and highly qualified, experienced teachers. The city boasts an abundance of attractions and activities such as the Children’s Museum of S.D., Dakota Nature Park, S.D. Art Museum, McCrory Gardens, S.D. Ag Heritage Museum, Outdoor Adventure Center of S.D., Downtown @ Sundown, and the Brookings Summer Arts Festival. Brookings is consistently ranked as a top place to live. Recent accolades include: #1 Best Place to Live in S.D., #25 Best City for Entrepreneurs, #2 Best School District in S.D., Top 10 Best Small Towns in America, Safest College Town in America, and the Top 25 Safest Cities in America. Learn more about Brookings by visiting www.LiveInBrookings.com. Bring Your Dreams!
See job description.