Machine Operator 8/17 at 3M
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Brookings, South Dakota
3M is seeking a Machine Operator for the Critical and Chronic Care Solutions Division located in Brookings, SD for 2017. Here, you go!
The Production Machine Operators will be responsible for but not limited to the following specific duties:
- Responsible for operating production equipment, inspecting, and packing product safely and according to standards.
- Work closely with other Operators, and Service Groups to optimize process including timeliness of product flow.
- Use computers as needed to run process operations.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and problem solving
- Work effectively within a production work team and collaborate with other teams
This is a full-time position that will require working:
- May work 8, 10, or 12 hour rotating shifts depending on line schedule
- Holidays as needed
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing & Pulling
- Frequently up to 24 pounds
- Occasionally up to 50 pounds
- Repetitive use of hands
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- One year of manufacturing experience
Location: Brookings, SD
Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
You are applying for a Machine Operator position at 3M Brookings. Qualified applications will be considered when Machine Operator openings occur at 3M Brookings for up to 6 months of the posting of this requisition.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Brookings, a community of 23,773, is located in eastern South Dakota along Interstate 29, just one hour north of the state’s largest city – Sioux Falls. Brookings is a safe, family-friendly, vibrant, thriving community with many amenities you would find in a much larger city, but with a small-town feel. Residents enjoy the tree-lined streets, leisurely pace of living, a short commute time and a variety of career opportunities in a growing job market. Division I South Dakota State University creates a youthful and energetic atmosphere and provides residents with a multitude of athletic, cultural, educational and recreational activities. The top-ranked Brookings School District offers small classroom sizes and highly qualified, experienced teachers. The city boasts an abundance of attractions and activities such as the Children’s Museum of S.D., Dakota Nature Park, S.D. Art Museum, McCrory Gardens, S.D. Ag Heritage Museum, Outdoor Adventure Center of S.D., Downtown @ Sundown, and the Brookings Summer Arts Festival. Brookings is consistently ranked as a top place to live. Recent accolades include: #1 Best Place to Live in S.D., #25 Best City for Entrepreneurs, #2 Best School District in S.D., Top 10 Best Small Towns in America, Safest College Town in America, and the Top 25 Safest Cities in America. Learn more about Brookings by visiting www.LiveInBrookings.com. Bring Your Dreams!
See job description.