VP, Planning Director at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Consultant 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
The communications world has changed dramatically. People are more empowered. Brands are naked. Media is fragmented. Communications are dynamic. If you’re excited by the possibilities this creates, read on.
The worlds of PR, Advertising and Digital are converging to engage consumers in a way they need and expect. They are tied together with Social Media, driven by a digital-native lifestyle and born from deep research and human insights that have the power to break through the noise and drive meaningful engagement. The agencies that will succeed in this new era are those that forgo labels and boundaries to simply focus on delivering superb work.
Edelman is the largest, independent communications marketing agency in the world. Our Planning and Strategy teams are built-from-scratch to deliver on earned-centric marketing. We have in-house global research and analytics capabilities, and an entrepreneurial culture focused on speed and ingenuity, not inertia and politics.
Edelman Bay Area is currently seeking a VP, Planning Director with experience developing strategic direction for account teams and clients based on insights, creativity and brand. This role is for you if you have a passion for ideas and uncovering consumer insights that lead to bigger, better, and bolder ideas. You’ll work on creative campaigns, provide strategic guidance to clients, and push for brand strategies that really work.
• At least 8-10 years of account planning or digital strategy experience at an advertising agency, digital agency, PR agency, consultancy, or internally with a brand, including 1-2 years’ experience as a planner and collaborating closely with creative teams
• Ability to artfully map out insights from observations and implications to recommendations and the drive to work through the creative process
• Possess a passion and encyclopedic knowledge of online advertising and digital campaigns -- and can effectively find, share, and articulate case studies, explaining how and why things worked or did not work
• Have a demonstrated ability to develop, design, and conduct primary and secondary research
• Should have experience working with a range of clients including corporate and B2B clients – finance, consumer lifestyle, consumer and enterprise technology electronics also a plus.
• Deft at developing powerful narratives to deliver insights and strategy
• A true collaborator, able to work across, creative, account and client constituents, and alongside fellow planners
• Experience managing and training junior planners
• An evangelist for planning, happy to advance internal knowledge sharing across the teams
• A status quo challenger, asking the provoking questions in order to draw out the best insights and brings the “What if?” to all meetings
In return for all that you bring, we’ll offer you this...
• Opportunity to innovate and collaborate with clients that range from marque to start-ups from and span the variety of sectors that make-up the business landscape in the Bay Area and beyond
• The ability to have key input and influence on expanding Planning in the Bay Area and throughout the firm
• Planning leadership that truly believes we can change the world (for ourselves and our clients)
• A stable independent company with amazing benefits, global opportunities, that’s annually voted one of the best companies to work for
• Incredibly smart, talented, motivated and fun colleagues
• Work/Life Balance
8-10 years' of relevant experience within advertising, digital strategy, PR, consultancy, or a brand, including at least 1-2 years’ experience with account planning and collaborating closely with creative teams.