Analyst I, QC Laboratory Services at EBSI
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Canton, Massachusetts
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The primary focus of this position will be to provide testing coverage for QC product release and analytical areas. The individual will be responsible for testing for product release, stability studies and other assigned tasks.
The incumbent will be a high performer with the ability to conduct routine tasks in the department independently and with supervision.
- Conduct testing for product release and stability functions as per written procedures in a compliant manner.
- Support testing activities related to Method Validations and technical transfers.
- Conduct routine tasks such as equipment monitoring, documentation reviews, laboratory maintenance and ordering of lab supplies and materials.
- Perform routine maintenance of lab equipment, organization and cleaning of the laboratories.
- Maintain laboratories in a cGMP compliant and inspection ready state. This includes the maintenance of the labs in a clean and orderly manner, ensuring logbooks and associated documents are reviewed on time, ensuring all equipment are within calibration and all chemicals/reagents are within expiry.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and reagents.
- Perform SAP functions, Deviations, CAPAs, Change Controls.
- Perform intradepartmental cross functional activities as assigned.
- Assist in other duties assigned by the QC Management.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or related discipline.
• 4+ years of experience in a CGMP environment related to Quality Control is required.
• Functional experience in a Chemistry/Molecular Biology laboratory is preferred.
• Ability to work with cross-functional groups.
• Must have the ability to communicate verbally and in written format effectively through multiple layers of the organization.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Previous experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and SAP desired.
Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good eye/hand coordination, stand, walk, sit, twist/turn, climb, reach outward, reach above shoulder, hand dexterity, bend, squat/kneel, sense of feel, sense of hearing, sense of smell, lift/carry 50lbs, pull 50lbs, use phone, fax, copier, computer, copier, hand tools, fork lift and man lift. Work outdoors, noise above conversation level, hot/cold temperatures, high humidity, ventilation needed, multiple locations, contact with select agents, exposure to animals, animal areas, or equipment used in animal areas environment. Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, calibrate precise measurements, problem-solve, make decisions, plan, communicate and prepare written communications.QC Analyst should able to work in a lab environment. This work involves working with hazardous chemicals (for example, acids, bases, toxic chemicals and reagents) and biohazard materials.
QC Analyst needs vaccination against different viruses including Vaccinia virus and Japanese Encephalitis virus.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
"UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NO REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT INDIVIDUALS SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILIAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100."
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.