Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: EWING, New Jersey
This position is accountable for overseeing the control of the Division s budget and forecasting activities. This includes development, monitoring and forecasting of the Division s administrative budgets and expenses and coordination with actuarial and medical economics to consolidate the gross underwriting budget with the administrative expense budget to form a comprehensive entity budget. This position also manages the finances for projects generated from all departments within the Division. This includes all capital projects and medical cost reduction initiatives. In addition this position is responsible for the Division s expense and budget analyses report on a monthly basis.
* Supervise, hire and develop a staff of competent financial analysts and delegate responsibilities where appropriate.
* Monitor internal and external service agreements for impact on administrative expense projections.
* Supervise the development of the Annual Operating Expense Budget and quarterly forecasts.
* Assist in the development of annual enrollment and revenue projections for inclusion in the annual Operating Plan.
* Provide Expense, Forecasting and Budget Analyses reporting to Division department heads and senior management team.
* Perform as a Divisional Financial Liaison to Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis department.
* Participate in project management process, including participation in project management meetings, preparation of financial impact analyses and review of budget requests for funding and related ROI analysis.
* Supervise the distribution of Administrative Expense Variance Analysis reports monthly to Division Department heads and senior management team.
* Review intercompany expense charge backs and indirect expense allocations to ensure a fair allocation and reporting of administrative expenses.
* Monitor personnel changes for impact on administrative expense budget and quarterly forecasting. Includes, supervising the tracking of open positions and staffing analysis, and providing open position analyses reporting to department heads and senior management team.
* Supervise monthly accounting activities including budget accruals, budget transfers, vendor payments and divisional expense adjustments.
* Perform special projects at the request of management.
* Supervise billing and enrollment reporting process and the preparation of monthly financial statements.
* Support internal and external audits as needed.
* Provide consultative services on Budget and Cost matters for the various departments.
* Requires strong knowledge of personal computers and applicable software. (MS Excel, MS Access, Hyperion & PeopleSoft experience preferred).
* Requires broad base knowledge in the Health Care Industry.
* Requires knowledge of general accounting principles and methods.
* Requires knowledge of budget development, analysis and maintenance.
* Requires strong knowledge of budget/cost policies and procedures.
* Requires knowledge of forecasting techniques.
Skills and Abilities:
* Requires the ability to prepare financial spreadsheets, financial planning models, including appropriate graphic representations.
* Requires the ability to analyze data accurately and report findings in a logical manner.
* Requires excellent planning, organization, and project management skills.
* Requires the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
* Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Finance or Accounting.
* Prefer a Master's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting.
* Prefer a minimum of five (5) years of experience in finance or related analytical function.
* Requires experience in developing and monitoring financial controls and financial modeling.
* Requires experience with general ledger entries.
* Prefer experience with Plan budgeting process and procedures.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law.
--Horizon NJ Health