RN Staff Nurse II (CNA) at St. Joseph Health System
Posted in Nurse 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Petaluma, California
- Seeking an experienced ICU Staff Nurse II with at least six (6) months of experience in an acute care setting.
- This position is an 8 hour, Part time, Night shift.
For benefitted positions, up to $10k sign-on and relocation bonuses may be available for qualified external candidates.
Under the direction of the Department Manager, the Staff Nurse II independently uses the nursing process to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess, plan implement and evaluate the results of patient care.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
License / Certification: Current California RN licensure, BLS within 60 days of hire
Experience: Six months experience as an RN in a health care setting
Preferred Position Qualifications:
One or more years of acute care experience
• Assesses patients according to department standards and anticipates changes in patients’ status.
• Identifies obvious as well as subtle patient problems and/or abnormal assessments and appropriately reports and resolves.
• Develops plan of care based on age specific assessment.
• Provides assistance to others in implementing complex care.
• Administers medications and treatments according to hospital policy and procedure and accepted standards of age specific care and department standards.
• Assesses, reassesses and evaluates patient response to care.
• Participates with patient/family and other healthcare provided in evaluation of patient outcomes.
The people of St. Joseph Health have worked for 53 years to improve health and quality of life in California's North Bay region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950. Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters and continued through the St. Joseph Health Ministry of extending the healing ministry of Jesus to those we serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute, outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma County entities aligned with St. Joseph Health include the 278-bed Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center, as well as the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care centers, Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the Annadel Medical Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network. We act as a regional referral hub for outlying hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care, education to promote health and prevent chronic disease, rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the area.
St. Joseph Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Health complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training..
Positions specified as “on call/per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.