Director, Project Management - Sleep
at Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Palo Alto, California
Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.Job ID
2017-3309# of Openings
US-CA-Palo AltoPosted Date
18 hours agoCategory
Research & DevelopmentOverview
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals. Position Profile
This individual will provide project management leadership to global drug development project teams primarily in the Sleep Franchise. The incumbent will work closely with the Senior Director, Project Management, Development Team Leader, and Therapeutic Area Head in the Sleep Franchise to ensure successful completion of project goals on schedule and within budget. The incumbent will also participate in project management process improvement initiatives. Essential Functions
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Manage global, cross-functional drug development project teams/sub-teams primarily in the Sleep Franchise
- Organize interdepartmental activities to ensure completion of assigned projects within scope, on schedule and within budget constraints
- Identify project risks and prepare mitigations and contingency plans
- Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of project milestones and deliverables
- Identify and communicate resource constraints to senior management
- Ensure team conflicts are resolved in a professional and timely manner
- Prepare project updates for governance meetings and clearly communicate status in written documents and presentations
- Participate in implementing improvements to project management processes, tools and infrastructure to ensure ongoing efficiency across the R&D organization and company wide
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Approximately 10 years of experience independently managing or leading cross-functional project teams in a drug development company
- Proven track record of success in Project Management
- Experience creating and actively managing integrated timelines and budgets
- Thorough understanding of the drug development processes
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage multiple diverse cross-functional teams in a matrix organizational structure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Project)
Description of Physical Demands
- B.S. in a life science / pharmaceutical R&D, MBA is a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
Description of Work Environment
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that includes working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.