Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Palo Alto, California
What you ll be doing *LI-JC1
Do you find data visualization fascinating* Are you excited about helping people see and understand data - from non-profits to research firms, and startups to fortune-500 companies* How about designing tools and experiences that allow people to explore their data by creating beautiful scatter plots and charts or colorful maps*
If this sounds interesting to you, we d love to meet you and maybe you ll become the next member of our design team. Our team currently consists of 20 visual and interaction designers. We work in multidisciplinary teams to create tools and experiences for our desktop, web, and mobile products,
Some of the things you ll be doing include
* Working directly with engineers, be they front-end, back-end, QA, or PM, from beginning to end. There are no hand-offs here.
* Fostering a healthy design practice by giving and receiving feedback with maturity and perspective.
* Working together as we coach, mentor and grow new, impressionable, and excited designers.
* Always be looking for even better ways to scale and increase the impact of our design team: improve, apply and involve people in our craft. Where should we go next*
* Creating experiences that feel simple and straightforward, even when the data is not.
* Turning complex and technical concepts into easy to understand tools.
* Crafting scenarios, user flows, wireframes, and working prototypes that clearly communicate design intent to everyone, designers and non-designers alike.
Who you are
* Educated. Bachelors or higher degree in User Experience related field (UX design, HCI, Graphic design).
* Experienced. 5-8+ years of UX/visual/other applicable design experience, which may include work as a UX designer, UX architect, creative director, or industrial designer. Solid understanding of the design process and best practices.
* Performer. A rich portfolio of design work demonstrating user experiences beyond websites and mobile apps, and track record of delivering products to market.
* Domain. Experience with data visualization, software development and/or designing multi-system products and services are a big plus.
* A True Team Player. A team player, flexible and open while designing, discussing, and presenting your work.
* Results-Oriented. You work fast and generate a wide variety of high-quality solutions.
* Energy and Creativity. A passion for learning, sharing and collaboration: new design tools and processes, new technical areas, better ways to get things done.
* You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring on board to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Data Consent: Tableau Software Inc. and its other subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively called Tableau) is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal sensitive information you provide us with. By submitting your CV, you are explicitly agreeing to any personal information that you have supplied being used by Tableau in the pursuit of recruiting activities. This information will be held in accordance with the relevant Data Protection Privacy laws and regulations relevant to your country of residence. You further agree that Tableau may retain this information for a reasonable period of time. As Tableau is a global company, your information may be transferred and available internationally, including in countries that do not have privacy laws.