Project Manager (PM) for Service Experience Management Division at CompuCom
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
Location: Charlotte, North CarolinaJob Description:
SEM Project Manager
CompuCom is now a part of the Office Depot family of companies. Come join a growing global company that has a laid-back culture, values your skills, focuses on growing your career, and promotes work-life balance. We have a great opening for Project Manager in our Service Experience Management (Service Desk) division in our Charlotte office.
Salary: $65,000 annually
Project management responsibilities include delivering projects on time within budget and scope constraints.
Responsible for the day-to-day coordination and completion of departmental and enterprise level projects using a combination of disciplines (based on Agile Software development framework and PMI project framework).
Manages a variety of medium to large-scale, enterprise wide initiatives simultaneously while serving as the single point of contact for those initiatives..
Responsible for ensuring that project results meet requirements regarding quality, reliability, and schedule. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities/tasks, and monitors and summarizes progress of their assigned projects
Must be familiar with the system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
Job Description and Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures the successful delivery of assigned projects following established PMO and quality standards/guidelines and provides a single point of contact for those projects.
- Review and ensures that all assigned projects are delivered within the defined scope, quality, time and cost requirements. Makes recommendations to Program Managers on Program related change requests.
- Works with customer to determine desired outcomes, status, and approaches.
- Prepares Project Status Reports and provides regular status updates to Program Managers, clients, and stakeholders. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis.
- Manages Project-level assumptions, risks and issues to ensure clarity around the challenge, the impact, and the action plan, providing direction/guidance as needed.
- Manages projects from concept through closure ensuring major project activities, milestones and deliverables are planned and tracked and progress is accurately reported using the standard PMI framework (project plan, status, assumption, risk and issue log, change control log, budget/estimates, resource plans, funding requests, etc.)
- Manages Project Plan to ensure that deliverables are on track by providing guidance to team members around assignments, tasks, priorities, and timeframes.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- 5+ years Project Management Experience, Team Management and Technical Expertise a plus
- The Project Manager will possess excellent written and oral communication skills in order to lead the project team in project requirements definition. Tools: MS Project, G-Suite, MS Office, Visio
- This individual will demonstrate leadership .
- Managing projects will entail working effectively in a distributed team environment while interacting with customers, employees, peers, management, as well as other interfacing groups.
- Ensure project team members and interfacing groups have a clear understanding, at all times, of their individual roles, task assignments, commitments and project deliverables.
- Track progress against the plan, and monitor status of actual vs. planned accomplishments.
- Keep team and management apprised of the overall status of activities, schedules, deliverables, problems and opportunities.
- Understanding of the PMI Framework and Agile development framework
- Perform project retrospectives and/or Root Cause Analysis.