Field Service Technician at CompuCom
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
Location: Murrysville, PennsylvaniaJob Description:
CompuCom Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered just south of Charlotte, NC, provides IT managed services, infrastructure solutions, consulting and products to Fortune 1000 companies. We are committed to enhancing the end users' experience in all facets of the word. Our vision is to empower people to achieve the highest levels of performance by making technology work for them — anywhere, anytime, on any device.
What You'll Do
In order to deliver our exceptional services, we need a team of dedicated and enthusiastic, hard-working, and customer service oriented technicians! That's where you come in!
*Please note: This is a driving position that requires a valid DL and reliable transportation. CompuCom is seeking a Field Service Technician to join our team in the greater Morgantown, WV area. Territory covered will span Morgantown to Clarksburg. There may be occasional after hours work needed, and this person will be on-call during the weekends, in case of emergencies.
You will be expected to deliver exceptional customer service as the face of CompuCom. You will be responsible for interacting and servicing our clients with any technical problem they are experiencing. Be helpful, relatable, and pleasant while diagnosing and fixing their problems.
- Solves technical issues including repair/installation of hardware and software, PC's, networking/wireless networking —on-site or in-house— you make it happen.
- Provide technical support on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment. Be helpful and understanding…provide the support you would want!
- Customize the customer experience for every individual—all communication, instructions, and product knowledge to the level of the individual.
- Determine the most cost effective repair to minimize customer downtime.
- Be proactive! Prepare reports for analysis of product failure trends and service issues.
In short, you service our customers with whatever technical issues they may have in the most pleasant way possible! You will be traveling from site to site or desk to desk getting to visit new people every day!
Who You'll Work With
As a CompuCom Field Technician, you'll play a crucial role in supporting our customers and proactively identifying their needs. You'll work to create the ideal experience that any customer would seek to encounter. For many of our customers, technology problems can be frustrating but easily solved by educating them, your patience is a virtue! You'll be the face of our operation and the go-to for what makes our company run—our customers.
Who You Are
- A Little Experienced.
- 1-2 years of related work experience, or AA degree, or technical training
- A+ Certification = nice to have.
- Solid experience and/or understanding of IT services and products, especially printers/hardware, Point-of-sale systems.
- General enthusiasm/love for tech! If you're willing to learn we can help to get you where you want to be! If you don't enjoy taking things apart and putting them back together, this may not be the role for you!
- Relatable and responsible when interacting with ALL customers
- When the customer has a problem—are they going to dread our visit? If yes, you're not picking up what we're putting down.
- Consultative approach to solving issues - Help us, help them!
- Insatiable desire for knowledge, independence, and success—strive for more than the status quo
- Not intimidated by problems you've never seen before—confidence is key!
- Hungry to work hard and hungry to grow your career!
What We Offer
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Free Learning Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Reward and Recognition Programs
- Associate Discount Programs including 10% off at Tech-Zone™ Stores
- Supportive Work/ Life Balance Environment
Help us grow our legacy. We're transforming the way all businesses get IT services. Our client's tech problems are no longer theirs, the ownership lies with us.
We innovate everything. We connect everyone. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
Join CompuCom. Grow with CompuCom. Build the CompuCom legacy!