Planner / Scheduler - Mills Water Treatment Plant at Metropolitan Water District Southern California
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Location: Riverside, California
PLANNER / SCHEDULER (Mills Water Treatment Plant)
Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is a consortium of twenty
six cities and water districts that provides drinking water to over 19 million
people in Southern California. Metropolitan's mission is to provide its service
area with adequate and reliable supplies of high quality water to meet current
and future needs in an environmentally and economically responsible way.
Metropolitan's facilities include the 242-mile Colorado River Aqueduct, five
conventional water treatment plants with a combined capacity of 2.6 billion
gallons per day, nine surface water reservoirs, 800 miles of pipeline, and 16
hydroelectric power plants.
Water District's Water System Operations Group, Water Treatment Section,
currently has one (1) opening for a Planner/Scheduler at the Henry J. Mills
Water Treatment Plant located in Riverside, California.
position is responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating all
maintenance work for the Mills Water Treatment Plant, including project
coordination, maintaining proper records of ongoing and/or completed projects
and work orders, and interacting with management and employees during the
planning and scheduling activities.
the journey-level position performing Planner/Scheduler job duties.
1. Plans for maintenance work as it relates to plant shutdowns or construction and renovation work projects; schedules and coordinates work between work teams, trades specialties, and/or outside entities; conducts planning meetings.
2. Reviews manufacturer's recommendations, coordinates with other trades and disciplines to identify maintenance requirements, enters information into maintenance management database, and develops maintenance work plans. Coordinates with operations and maintenance to ensure availability of equipment and resources to complete maintenance tasks and projects. Advises management on maintenance planning and scheduling issues.
3. Schedules work, develops, and maintains all maintenance records and work histories, and prepares reports. Generates, monitors, records, and closes out work orders for required maintenance or emergency repairs and maintains the accuracy of the maintenance management database.
4. Analyzes and interprets complex data in preparation of comprehensive maintenance and ad-hoc reports.
5. Reviews maintenance records to identify patterns and chronic maintenance problems.
6. Collects, enters, and tracks equipment data in the maintenance management system.
7. Develops sketches and diagrams which may be required to clarify work.
8. Provides forecasting estimates and related information to budget coordinators.
9. Coordinates assistance of Environmental, Health, & Safety and other trades and disciplines as required by a maintenance activity or project and monitors progress.
10. Prepares documentation for environmental clearance to secure approvals for maintenance activities and projects.
11. Provides computerized maintenance management systems and processes training.
Education and Experience High school diploma or certificate of High School equivalency and five years journey-level experience in a relevant trade or craft.
Required Knowledge of: Product types, commodities, and supplies used by utilities in maintenance projects; relevant applications, methods, and terminology; work tasks performed by various skilled trades and crafts; project management practices and procedures; utility system maintenance and operating procedures; applicable safety and health laws and regulations; maintenancemanagement practices; and current office technology and equipment.
Required Skills and abilities to: Plan, schedule, organize, inspect, and evaluate maintenance needs; effectively use a computerized maintenance management system; analyze data, determine failure rates and trends, and recommend solutions; make calculations, including cost estimates for labor and materials; prepare clear and concise reports; read and understand schematics, diagrams, and engineering drawings; use independent judgment and exercise discretion; problem solve; prioritize and multi-task; communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work; work independently and in a team environment; and operate current office equipment including computers and supporting applications.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
* Valid California Class C Driver License (or its equivalent) that allows you to drive in the course of your employment.
Job-Related Selection Criteria:
30% Technical knowledge/skills including: operations and maintenance planning/scheduling in the water treatment plant with an emphasis on preventative/predictive maintenance; managing and tracking work orders, back log, spare parts, and the maintenance history of plant equipment including related materials used and tasks performed; computerized maintenance management systems; work order process; Microsoft Word and Excel; and safety and environmental requirements.
25% Job preparation (education, experience, and training relevant to the position)
. . . To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: http://www.respondhr.com/59040581