Senior LNG Engineer/Associate Project Manager at Kleinfelder
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Westborough, Massachusetts
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose together, we deliver.
Position Title: Senior LNG Engineer/Associate Project Manager
Kleinfelder has an immediate need for a Senior LNG Engineer/Associate Project Manager in the Rocky Hill, CT Office. The successful candidate may work with clients on natural gas transmission, distribution and most commonly on storage facility projects, for liquefied natural gas (LNG) inland peak-shaving facilities. This position can be in our Rocky Hill, CT or in either of our Massachusetts locations (Cambridge or Westborough).
Primary responsibilities include conceptual through final design of natural gas systems for operations in the New England/New York area. Other duties consist of quality assurance activities, conceptual design development, detailed design development, construction document preparation, construction administration, cost estimating, project management support, subconsultants management, and proposal preparation.
Candidate must have strong engineering skills, ideally in the natural gas and/or power industries. Candidate will be responsible for producing high quality engineering design deliverables (with some assistance from junior designers and/or drafting personnel). Primary focus of position will involve detailed design drawings and specifications. Additionally, some construction support, planning studies, and support of design/build issues will be required. Occasional travel to domestic locations (mainly New England and New York Areas) will be required for field visits, construction administration and start-ups.
Key qualifications include Mechanical/Chemical/Process Engineering OR Electrical Engineering as follows:
* Two-phase fluid flow applications
* Pipe stress analysis and pipe supporting systems
* Sizing of vessels, pumps, valves
* Design of systems that require the integration of heat exchangers, compressors, boilers, and other process equipment
* Design of piping systems, expertise with ASME code
* Development of process flow diagrams (PFDs) and piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
* Development of hazardous area classification diagrams (basic understanding)
* Process automation and controls (basic understanding)
* Plant operations (preferred)
* LNG Codes, NFPA 59A, 49 CFR 193 (preferred)
* Design of low and/or medium voltage electrical distribution
* Design of low voltage signal and communications systems
* Design of conduit & cabling systems to support motor control centers, low and medium voltage switchgear, various motor starters, panelboards, fire protection, and building automation systems
* Design of hazardous area classification infrastructure
* Design of emergency/standby generators
* Design of lighting systems, security systems, CATV, distributed generation (basic understanding)
* NEC and NFPA codes 52, 58, 59, 59A, 110, 497, and 780
* Experience with electrical engineering software packages, e.g., ETAP (preferred)
General Skills & Experience
* 6-10 years of engineering experience
* 3-5 years of project management or assistant project management experience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills required
* Computer skills required: MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). AutoCAD skills preferred, MS Project, Primavera, or equivalent scheduling software a plus.
* Experience in planning, designing, engineering, and construction of natural gas systems for local distribution companies (LDCs), interstate transmission companies a plus
* Knowledge of 49 CFR Parts 192 and 193 a plus
* Knowledge of ASME/ANSI B31.3, B31.4, B31.8 and B31.8S codes and relevant API regulations is preferred
* Required, Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
* Required, Engineer-In-Training (EIT) of FE certification
* Optional, Professional Engineer (PE)
* Optional, Project Management Professional (PMP)
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)