AMMONIA FACILITIES MAINTENANCE WORKER - INDIANOLA, MS at SUPERVALU Holdings Inc
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Indianola, Mississippi
Monitor and perform general maintenance work and ammonia system maintenance. Responsible for troubleshooting mechanical and electrical problems, performing repairs, documenting solutions and recommending further action. Responsible for performing preventive maintenance and repairs to refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment for a large refrigerated warehouse facility.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Monitor and perform general maintenance work and ammonia system maintenance.
- Maintain and monitor fire suppression system. Maintain all Building HVAC Systems, electrical, and mechanical systems and make necessary repairs.
- Maintain current license, inspection, permit, and certificate requirements to meet all state and local codes.
- Perform all duties in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
- Maintain a neat, clean and safe work area.
Work in cold storage areas from -20 to +50 degrees F.
- Work in both indoor and outdoor work environments.
- Perform manual labor.
- Use various trade tools, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
Stoop, bend, twist, lift, and reach in completion of job duties.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. A graduate of building related vocational technical programs is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of three years recent experience performing maintenance work in building related trades and must be computer literate.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform duties with a high degree of accuracy and care to avoid mechanical breakdowns.
- Ability to respond to direct and radio requests and maintain proper neat uniform appearance.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess a valid boiler license (if state law requires), Second Class Engineer, Grade C and must possess a Universal CFC Certification.
- Ability to read and comprehend manuals, prints, and work orders.
- Must have general record keeping skills and knowledge of tools and equipment maintenance.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be customer service oriented and sensitive to the diverse needs of coworkers, employees, and other people contacted in the daily course of work.
Why Work for SUPERVALU?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.