Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
WORK LOCATION: ABILITY TO WORK REMOTELY FROM HOME OFFICE OR IN A LOCAL RYAN OFFICE.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops and maintains software applications according to specifications.
* Maintains source code control system and application software versioning.
* Supports applications that are used at and licensed by Ryan.
* Maintains strong focus on customer service to all external and internal clients.
* Identifies emerging technologies that will help Ryan better leverage resources.
* Helps define processes and procedures in the Applications Development area.
* Participates in cross-training activities as required.
* Helps document and define requirements for development and enhancement projects.
* Assists with mentoring and training of junior members.
* Adheres to Firm processes for change and configuration management, contributing to ongoing maintenance of audits and other security/compliance initiatives.
* Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience required.
Required Experience: SQL development skills including solid experience with SQL server and related technologies such as ADO.NET, experience with server set up, database set up, designing database structures and coding stored procedures; and must be comfortable setting up their own development environment from start to finish.
* Experience working with MS SQL Server 2008R2, 2012, 2014 or 2016 environments
* Highly skilled in developing and optimizing T-SQL (DDL, DML, DCL)
* Extensive knowledge of advanced query concepts (Dynamic SQL, XML, Transactions)
* Experience modeling data and designing enterprise database architectures
* Working knowledge of formal database architecture and design
* Experience with both normalized and de-normalized data
* Experience with SQL Server Profiler
Preferred Experience: 5+ years related applications development experience, experience writing SQL queries, stored procedures, debugging and optimization.
* Visual Studio 2013 or higher experience
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
* Microsoft Development SQL and/or .NET certifications are desirable.
* Languages: Transact-SQL, .NET (VB or C#), XML
* Tools: GIT/SVN, Jira
This position has no supervisory responsibilities but may assign tasks to junior team members at Manager s discretion.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/FEMALES/MINORITIES/VETERANS/DISABILITY.