Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Salem, Massachusetts
Reporting to the Director of Infection Prevention and Patient Safety, the patient safety manager is responsible for the day-to-day patient safety activities for the organization. The manager provides support and facilitation to frontline managers, staff and project leads in implementing patient safety initiatives. He/she leads patient safety activities, education and training in patient safety for NSMC staff at all levels. Duties include cause and process mapping, chart abstraction, literature review, and collection of best practices. Duties require strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and achieve established timelines and outcomes. Excellent organizational skills necessary to prioritize and address multiple priorities. Ability to provide instruction to health care professionals in the area of patient safety. Requires the ability to communicate orally and in writing to a wide variety of audiences both formally and informally. Requires intense concentration and attention. Must possess the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of personality types, ages, and diverse cultural backgrounds in a rapidly changing environment.
* Minimum of three - five years experience in a health care delivery system required with specific credentials in a health care discipline strongly preferred.
* Bachelors Degree required.
* Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Access.
* Experience in patient safety or quality improvement. Clinical work experience in a health care discipline strongly preferred with hospital experience a plus.
* Advanced degree, Training in performance improvement and project management strongly preferred