Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Salem, Massachusetts
Performs all financial counseling duties including assisting patients with Masshealth VG applications, review forms, supplements and Hardship Applications, compiles Price Estimates for Self Pay patients and Cosmetic Procedures, notifies and collects from patients any copays and deductibles due, responds to patient payment and billing inquiries. Utilizes Invision system, MMIS, Virtual Gateway, INET, Huron Ontrac Tool, and POS devices. Ability to perform back up cashier duties.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Consistently review and/or contact patients for interview who are identified in Invision and in the Huron Ontrac Tool as Self Pay, Partial HSN, Non-Contracted Payer, and Welfare Pending accounts, ensuring any insurance coverage is identified, payment is obtained, Masshealth Application is submitted, and/or appointments are cancelled/rescheduled prior to services being rendered or prior to patient being discharged.
* Must be comfortable meeting with patients in the Emergency Department setting and on the Inpatient Floors to include ICU and Inpatient Psychiatric Department .
* Respond to patient billing inquiries, including accepting payments, assisting with payment plans, working with Customer service department for resolution of billing disputes.
* Receive payments for self pay portion of patients hospital bill and/or medical services rendered, issues receipt to patient and/or patients representative and ensures the proper account is credited with payment.
* Utilize various POS Devices for Patient Credit Card payments.
* May assist in cashiering duties to include, Copay reconciliation, Petty Cash duties, Preparing daily deposit from day's receipts, and safekeeping and return of patient valuables held in hospital safe upon presentation of receipt.
* Maintain regular contact with a number of hospital departments on patient billing information such as insurance coverage codes, patient payments or arrangements made, additional charges incurred.
* Enters appropriate documentation notes regarding insurance coverage into the Invision Registration System.
* Utilize the Virtual Gateway to assist patients with Masshealth Applications and ensure that appropriate verification documentation is obtained and submitted timely.
* Assist patients in completing Masshealth Review Forms, and various supplemental coverage, including disability and long term care applications. Obtains and submits appropriate verifications and documentation in a timely manner.
* Mail requests for patient Surgical, High Cost Radiology and Emergency Services co-payment and/or deductible, as well as Self Pay Emergency Services visits.
* Utilize various electronic devices for insurance verification, including Nehen Express, HDX, MassHealth Provider Online Service Center, and the Virtual Gateway.
* Create Patient Estimate Letters for Self Pay Cosmetic Procedures, collect payment prior to services being rendered, document in Invision payment received, communicate with patient accounts, surgical scheduling, doctors' offices and patients.
* Perform a variety of related clerical duties including maintaining records and files, operating standard office equipment such as fax and copy machines.
* May perform other related duties as required.
Required: Good communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills with facility and tact in dealing with others (patients, staff, etc.). Analytical ability and facility with numbers and arithmetic. Accuracy and attention to detail are a strong requirement.
Required: One years related experience
Required, High school diploma plus job related training