Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Monica, California
We are looking for talented and experienced temporary Game Designers to work directly with design leads and the Design Director to build compelling and fun gameplay. Working from high level design direction, you will build and refine a series of proposals and prototypes that will be developed into clear designs and requirements ready for implementation. Once in production, you will be responsible for the features and missions from start to finish and have responsibility for implementation details, tuning and fun factor. Our best teammates have AAA console development experience with A.I., combat, gameplay, scripting and fantastic people skills, as well as a true passion for playing and making video games.
What you'll be doing:
• Pitching concepts, designs and full-proposals to project leads
• Developing prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features and missions under your prevue, implementing leadership’s feedback to bring them to top quality finish
• Spearheading the collaborative process with other designers, engineers, animators, artists, sound designers and production staff to bring the game world and its characters to life
• Identifying and resolving conflicts with other teams while preserving the design goals of the project
• Reviewing design work at various stages of implementation to ensure the execution matches the vision, goals and quality requirements
• Routinely collect and evaluate feedback from user-testing, the development team and design management
• Mentor other designers; lead by example. Be a positive influence on your team.
• Prioritizing and self-managing to meet deadlines with your team; actively voice your ideas and options to the team
• Contributing to game design research and development (R&D) discussions
The skills and experience you'll need:
• 2 or more years of game design experience on a shipped console game
• Skillful experience with C, C++ or non-visual scripting languages; willing and able to pass studio scripting test
• Proven written and verbal communications skills
• Demonstrate a deep understanding of first-person combat and game mechanics
• Dedicated communication and solving problems skills
• High-level of comfort in a team environment, self-motivated, and egoless
And you'll really get our attention if you have:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Experience using Illustrator or other program to communicate ideas
• Familiarity with a 3D level/world creation package, preferably Radiant
• Experience with other aspects of Game Development such as, but not limited to: Character Design, Writing, Gameplay Programming and AI Design
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. Prior to entering development for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 3, the studio’s Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 set world-wide launch day records, with its previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops having also set an entertainment launch opening record (2010). Black Ops 2 continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time. Treyarch is also the birthplace of Call of Duty’s popular Zombies.
We employ the world’s greatest engineering, design and creative talent and give them the cutting-edge technology, tools and resources that they need to thrive creatively, both on their own and as teams. We are driven by a deep sense of pride, constantly striving to do the best work of our careers, so fans can have the most fun of their lives.