Environmental Health and Safety Co-op at DRS Technologies
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fitchburg, Massachusetts
DRS Technologies, Inc.
DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Finmeccanica S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance.
For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Naval Power Systems (NPS) a multi-site operation responsible for $350 million of revenue with locations in Milwaukee, WI, Bridgeport &Danbury, CT, Fitchburg, MA, and High Ridge, MO with an employee base of approximately 900 employees. NPS is structured into four Lines of Business: Surface, Submarines, Nuclear Instrumentation and Controls and Marlo Coil focusing on supporting the power and propulsion needs of the U.S. Navy. We provide engineering, manufacturing and lifetime support of our highly engineered products.
Job Location Fitchburg, MA
Fitchburg Massachusetts is a community of ~41,000 people is located 10 miles from New Hampshire and 50 miles from Boston. Despite being one of the largest cities in the county, Fitchburg retains its small-town flavor. Fitchburg boasts excellent access via highway or MBTA commuter train to all points. One can choose to live in any type of area; be it urban, suburban, or rural; all within a short commute to Fitchburg.
Performs professional administrative work of an introductory nature in preparation for career advancement. Performs entry-level professional administrative staff duties in support of Environmental, Health, and Safety gradually increasing in level of difficulty and responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs professional administrative work of an introductory nature in preparation for career advancement
- Performs entry-level professional administrative staff duties in support of functional areas, gradually increasing in level of difficulty and responsibility
- Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction
- Type and word-process draft documents and electronic information
- Prepares routine reports as assigned, with guidance
- Manage, organize, and update relevant data using database applications
- Assist in arranging meetings, conferences, and project team activities
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values, and culture of the organization
- Ability to communicate successfully orally and in writing
- Efficiently utilize standard office software and computer equipment
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel and powerpoint
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Graduate Environmental Health and Safety student
- U.S. citizenship
- GPA 2.75 or higher
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet #NPS