Computer Field Service Technician - Break/Fix Job at Unisys
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Location: Chicago, IllinoisJob Description:
Job Title:Computer Field Service Technician - Break/Fix
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Day to Day Work
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. With approximately 23,000 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world.
Respond to technical service requests on enterprise-level servers, PC and laptop computers, storage sub-systems and drives, computer and telecommunications systems as well as networking devices at client locations in the Chicago, IL area. Candidate must have hardware experience to support a variety of vendor server, mass storage, desktop, core legacy and networking devices. The candidate should also be knowledgeable on various Microsoft operating systems and desktop applications. Majority of assigned daily tasks are service events related to strategic partner accounts enterprise server, network storage appliances, network communications equipment etc.
* Requires a high level of expertise in PC operating systems i.e. Microsoft/Linux/Unix, networking software, anti-virus software, and all tier one manufacturer PC and printer products, OEM network devices, and document processing products. This role is also intended as the primary role for personnel providing complex deskside support.
* Provides call taking and site specific support (DTS and Legacy).
* Provides deskside support including software, hardware and networking support for desktops, laptops and servers.
* Prepare and present performance / incident reports to the Service Delivery Manager and to the customer.
* Performs installs, moves, adds and changes as required
* Tests and certifies PCs, networks, servers and client approved applications
* Provides advanced troubleshooting capabilities on software and hardware problems including DTS, legacy systems and interconnectivity problems.
* Installs and maintains enterprise servers, mainframe, high-end networking and complex product configurations, servers, telecommunications equipment, storage-subsystems and drives, high-end document processing equipment, peripherals and PCs.
* Takes responsibility for follow-up services or problem escalation.
* Maintains a high degree of professionalism in actions, demeanor and dress.
* Ensures customer satisfaction throughout the service delivery transaction.
Technical and Behavioral Skills
* Must have GED or High School Diploma
* 2 or more years of experience in a field service support role
* Background investigation and drug screen required
* Must have valid drivers, license and reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance (required)
* Proficiency in Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office software
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair enterprise-level software and hardware issues
* Experience communicating with enterprise-level clients – excellent communication skills required.
* A+ certification required
* Cisco, Dell and EMC certifications are highly desired
* Must be available for after-hours on-call rotation
* Must be available for varying shifts on a rotating basis.
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.