Sr. Program Coordinator at Harvard University
Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Cambridge, MassachusettsJob Description:
Duties & Responsibilities
The Sr. Program Coordinator coordinates and supports the daily activities of the Reimagining Integration: Diverse and Equitable Schools project (RIDES) at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. RIDES is in the first year of a three year grant that will allow it to scale up innovative school and district integration work it has been doing locally in order to have a national impact. RIDES is developing practices and coaching approaches that help schools and districts go beyond desegregation to real integration, metrics to support and access progress, and a Fellowship to prepare school and system leaders to support diverse and equitable schools. See website for details. The Project Manager will be actively engaged in this research agenda and will play a key role in helping RIDES scale up this work.
• Coordinate and manage the day-to-day running of the project: develop and oversee project timelines, coordinate in-person and virtual meeting logistics, prepare agendas, assemble meeting materials, document meetings, act as the administrative contact to all stakeholders, manage correspondence, manage contact information, develop and maintain methods for organizing information including files, databases and other systems
• Serve as a member of the Leadership Team: coordinate the activities of the various project work streams, support and manage logistics of professional development learning opportunities
• Support researchers to implement research activities
• Manage the project budget and process all expenses and other financial administrative tasks
• Manage the logistics of the fellowship program
• Coordinate the hiring and temporary payroll of graduate students, staff or temps
• Manage external communications systems: maintain and update website, monitor and update social media, develop newsletter
• Comprehensively coordinate conferences and events: organize logistics for team meetings and conferences, lead implementation of events, develop and manage relationships with vendors, collaborate on the conceptual planning of project meetings and events
• Coordinate the work of support staff, students, interns and temps
3 years administrative support experience in a research, university or educational setting. Previous experience working with budgets and project management work.
Candidates wishing to be considered must supply a cover letter in addition to their resume.
Candidates must also indicate meeting the basic qualifications.
This is a 1 year term position.
• Bachelor's degree in any discipline. Preferably a master's degree related to education and/or work experience related to education
• Previous experience in the education field
• Previous experience and/or interest in diversity and equity
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with faculty, students and administrators at all levels
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, office organization, attention to detail and use of current technologies, proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, basic website updating tools, and Google Apps (Docs, Forms, Slides and Sheets)
• This position demands initiative and the ability to work flexibly on multiple tasks simultaneously under minimal supervision
• Interest and/or experience in marketing, public relations, and/or fellowship management a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.