Public Affairs/Communication Manager at Invista S.a.r.l
Posted in Art 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Who are we? Watch to find out!
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
INVISTA, owner of the STAINMASTER®, LYCRA®, COOLMAX® and CORDURA® brands, is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., which is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. With a presence in about 60 countries, Koch companies employ more than 120,000 people worldwide, with about 70,000 of those in the United States.
INVISTA is seeking a Public Affairs / Communication Manager to join the Corporate Public Affairs department at our global headquarters in Wichita, KS. We are seeking entrepreneurial candidates who have a passion for learning and want to advance and grow in the fields of communication and public affairs.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Partnering with Operations leaders and manufacturing site managers to ensure optimal relationships with key community stakeholders
Consulting, counseling and aligning with Operations leaders and manufacturing site managers on strategic communications for both internal and external stakeholders
- Advise on reputation management opportunities in local communities (i.e. local advisory panels)
- Leverage site-based investments, EHS accomplishments, etc.
- Leverage communication to support innovation examples from manufacturing sites
- Providing crisis communication support to sites
- Serving as primary spokesperson and media relations manager for site-based communications
Advising operations leadership and manufacturing site managers on philanthropic strategies
- Recommend and leverage charitable contributions
- Own the automated workflow and global database for trade association memberships and charitable contributions
- Providing strategic counsel on deployment of new communication technologies
- Partnering with third-parties as needed to accomplish key responsibilities
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Business Administration, Communications or Marketing with 3+ years of experience OR 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience interacting with local economic development groups, school districts, advisory panels, community groups, etc.
- Demonstrated history of strategic thinking
- Strong project management skills; ability to work with a team
- Strong communication skills
- Position may require up to 25% travel
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience measuring communication initiatives
- Experience communicating with employees who do not sit at a computer
- Exposure to a variety of cultures and languages
- Proficiency or fluency in a language other than English (Mandarin, Dutch, German)
- Proficiency in communication via popular social media, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) writing style
- Experience in various Microsoft tools including Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook and SharePoint
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship
Want to learn more about INVISTA?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf