User Security Assistant (time-limited), AAD Technology and Support Services at Harvard University
Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Cambridge, MassachusettsJob Description:
Duties & Responsibilities
AAD Technology & Support Services Summary:
The User Security Assistant is a member of the Technology Education group within the AAD Technology and Support Services (ATSS) department. The group's ultimate goal is to manage, maintain and support a suite of applications (including Ellucian's Advance, business intelligence applications, and the alumni engagement applications for AA&D) which allow the alumni affairs and development community to achieve their goals. ATSS supports the community in the use of the applications, training & communications, establishing policies and procedures, providing user support, project management including product upgrades, managing enhancements and defects, and ensuring the security of confidential information. AA&D Systems serves all members of the Alumni Affairs & Development community across all schools and units at the University as well as other affiliated units including central administration, financial offices, Harvard Management Company, and career services offices.
The User Security Assistant position provides support across all of the ATSS groups. At least 75% of this position's time is focused on triaging and fulfilling user account security requests. Some support tasks for the Education team and small projects will be assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Update security for existing user accounts for all ATSS applications
- Create new accounts for all ATSS applications within established service level agreements and a high rate of accuracy
- Assist with maintenance of the daily, monthly, and quarterly security audit reports
- Maintain training course fulfillment database
- Assist with development and maintenance of security policy & procedure documents, user guides, and presentation materials
- Maintain end user security files
- Monitor and respond to Help Desk calls; triage requests for immediate resolution or assignment to others as needed
- Provides project support for ATSS ranging from drafting communications pieces and presentations, to participating in testing cycles for new application features, to data management.
The above covers the most significant responsibilities of the position. It does not, however, exclude other duties, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the level of the position.
Experience with software security management, preferably with the Ellucian Advance software. Familiarity with standard Microsoft Office desktop tools such as Word and Excel; the ability to become proficient with the Harvard Development Systems.
- Strong organizational skills. Must be motivated to learn and flexible to change. Ability to manage multiple tasks under competing deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines when performing transactional duties.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong sense of customer service, with proven ability to track details closely; prior customer service or customer support experience a plus.
- Must be conscious of data security and risk management. Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information is essential.
- Able to work effectively with colleagues across all levels of the organization in a poised, professional manner required in a customer service focused organization.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team. Adept at evaluating problems accurately and displaying sound and confidential judgment.
- Occasional overtime (weekend or evening hours) may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.