Associate Design Team Lead at Activision Publishing Inc
Posted in Art 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Monica, California
Job Title: Associate Design Team Lead
Division: Art Services
Cost/Profit Center: 6625
Immediate Supervisor: Creative Director, Art Services
Job Status: Open
The Associate Design Team Lead provides support services to all engaged departments: PR, Marketing, Production and development studios to produce high-quality design, screenshots and other art assets. Typical end use will include editorial, packaging, advertising, manuals and more, as needed.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with oversight of multiple art projects from a creative and team leadership perspective. Assist with managing a number of creative employees, managing timelines and communicating with customers and the account team to ensure that their content guidelines and deadlines are met.
- Maintain development equipment and software to optimal settings and ensure availability of equipment necessary to meet department work load.
- Assist with leading team members assigned to the screen capture and graphic design effort, including training, project assignment and coaching.
- Assist with oversight of day to day operation including assigning tasks to team members, assisting in making decisions about title assignments, managing departmental workload by delegating tasks.
- Understand distribution of assets and provide guidance on best ways to provide them to internal and external parties, both domestic and international
- Serve as an expert on the titles assigned to Art Services, in terms of gameplay, technical issues, and graphic design standards
- Provide recommendations to studio central on debug tools to include in game builds in order to aid in getting high-quality screenshots
- Participate in the interview and performance review process for members of the screen capture/graphic design team.
- Must be positive, even-tempered and able to interact well – under pressure – with multiple teams on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Individual must be extremely detail oriented, accurate and must work well independently
- Candidate must be able to successfully prioritize multiple projects
- Individual must be focused on customer service and problem solving
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Game industry experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator/InDesign/Photoshop), more
- Ability to deliver quality and creativity (with and without direction) in the context of a variety of game genres.
- A portfolio demonstrating previous work is preferred.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision operates at the intersection of technology, entertainment, esports, and consumer products. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games, we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Destiny®.