Manager, Global Strategic Sourcing-Technology & Corporate Services - (12 months) at Activision Publishing Inc
Posted in Consultant 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Monica, California
This is a temporary contract assignment position that will not be employed by Activision Blizzard. The term begins asap and completes in 1 year from start. It will be revisited at that time or potentially earlier.
The role will be responsible for leading the charge to evaluate new suppliers, to negotiate current contracts with an emphasis on price, terms, quality, and to execute on consolidation opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a newly formed internal Global Strategic Sourcing function in a fast-paced and dynamic business in the entertainment industry. The successful candidate must be able to execute optimal sourcing strategies, select best-in-class suppliers, and perform strategic sourcing activities. Strategic Sourcing delivers a structured approach to enterprise source-to-contract acquisition of products, services and other items by pairing internal stakeholder needs with external supplier capabilities to provide cost savings and best overall value.
The position is the first level of tactical management:
- Manages programs and processes to meet business objectives and quality standards. Works toward objectives established by upper levels of management. May recommend departmental specific procedure improvements and implements those that are approved. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Solid knowledge of technical and functional principles; recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures.
- Understands one's strengths and limitations and monitors how they are perceived by others "in the moment"; adapts style to any situation, audience, or culture to maximize impact; leverages strong relationships and networks to form coalitions, alliances and partnerships to facilitate getting things done.
- Establishes a vision and/or provides direction - both short and longer term; builds strong teams; facilitates and leads change to improve business results; builds partnerships across the business to ensure success of group and corporate strategies and initiatives.
- Determines overall project/assignment requirements by breaking them down into tasks; identifying equipment, materials, and people needed; coordinating with internal and external partners; and developing plans to execute on activities. Allocates appropriate amounts of time for completing work; avoids scheduling conflicts.
- Understands the business, its competitive environment and appropriate benchmarks and key performance indicators. Mentors entry level employees. Forges strong working relationships with people at all levels of the organization, adjusting approach and style to different groups, and quickly develop an understanding of where key resources lie.
- Consistently seeks process optimization; articulates ideas clearly demonstrating effect on the bottom line.
- A consummate team player; works with cross-functional groups, shares knowledge and insights, and contributes to the greater whole. Genuine understanding of personal strengths and weaknesses within technical abilities, competencies, and interpersonal skills. Strong initiative and leadership capabilities.
- Understand the business, its competitive environment and appropriate benchmarks; drive forecasting process and analyze trends; mentor entry level employees.
- Forge strong working relationships with people at all levels of the organization, adjusting approach and style to different groups, and quickly develop an understanding of where key resources lie.
- Lead negotiation efforts on purchase agreements and vendor contracts.
- Run RFP process for key contracts across categories
- Oversee a systematic, analytical and results-based method for monitoring supplier's performance and communicate results to suppliers and end business stakeholders.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness; perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking; consistently seek process optimization; articulate ideas clearly demonstrating effect on the bottom line.
- Develop and maintain an overall vendor base to create and sustain a competitive advantage, utilize global market exploitation, leverage spend and leveraging technologies.
- Provide project leadership and key stakeholders with decision-oriented and timely financial support, including budgets, forecasts, and analyses of current project costs and alternative approaches.
- Adapt to and understand different cultures and impact on business requirements on different geographies and stakeholder groups
- Execute procurement/sourcing strategies; drive standardization of processes and procedures, supplier selection processes/ongoing supplier management.
- Planning & Organization; strong project leader with emphasis on execution, managing multiple priorities.
- Problem Solving; Able to conceive, comprehend, analyze, translate and apply complex business strategies/ practices/ requirements into RFXs & analytical/financial models
- Relationship Building; strong customer service orientation with the ability to influence as trusted advisor
- Initiative; self-motivated, works independently
- Communication; clear, concise communicator, able to translate complex messages into commonly understood terms
- Highly Collaborative, Flexible, Diplomatic team player; Comfortable with ambiguity and directional changes
- Attention to Detail; high standards with rigorous focus, comfortable with self-administered RFXs and operational, hands on project management
- Transparent; Open & comfortable with showing/ sharing work in detail, able to execute a structured sourcing process for creative stakeholder
- Integrity/Work Ethic; Do the right thing; demonstrate a strong moral compass, pursue goals zealously but never forget the people and financial impact, able to maintain confidentiality
Senior Manager, Global Strategic Sourcing-Technology
Work Experience: 5-7 years required
Quantitative Analysis (financial or price modeling-both creation of model itself and performing the analysis from which a negotiation strategy is determined, requires comprehension of complex business objectives and a high level of attention to detail) is required
Project Management (medium to large scale) is required
Consulting, Strategy/ Strategic Planning/ Finance experience is highly preferred
Technology category experience is required
Corporate Services experience (finance-related or direct) is preferred in one or more areas (Professional Services/Consulting, HR, Financial Services)
Entertainment industry experience is preferred but not required
Global experience preferred but not required
Strategic Sourcing experience is preferred but not required
Contract Negotiation, RFP Execution, Supplier Relationship Management, etc.
Procurement (P2P Procure-to-Pay) experience is not preferred or required
BS required, MBA preferred.
Finance/ business/ engineering/ computer science or other technical/ quantitative discipline preferred
CPM, CPP, PMP, Six Sigma, or similar certifications desired but not required
MS Office high level of proficiency required, particularly advanced analytical modeling capabilities in Excel
ERP System: proficiency desired
eSourcing System: Oracle Advanced Procurement: Sourcing & Sourcing Optimization, SAP Ariba Strategic Sourcing Solutions, IBM Emptoris Sourcing, or other preferred
eProcurement System: Oracle iProcurement, SAP Ariba: Procure-to-Pay, IBM Coupa: Procure-to-Pay, or other experience not required
Minimal, as required in support of projects