Communications Intern/Co-Op at Koch Companies Public Sector, LLC
Posted in Art 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Who are we? Watch to find out!
Koch Companies Public Sector, LLC is proactively seeking a self-motivated intern or co-op in Wichita, Kansas for the Spring 2018 semester. This individual would primarily provide communications support to further build a positive brand for Koch Industries and its affiliated organizations by researching, tracking, and assisting in the planning process for various advocacy initiatives.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Strong interpersonal, digital, verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to integrate and interact with all levels of the organization
- Excellent project coordination and prioritization skills
- Ability to develop engaging and effective communications for diverse audiences around a range of topics
- Displays high attention to detail
- The ability to work independently and in teams on a wide variety of projects
- The ability to act with a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Interact with internal partners to develop and execute integrated communications planning for sponsorships and events
- Provide strategy recommendations for Koch Industries advocacy issues, primarily philanthropic efforts
- Responsible for managing projects with marketing, digital, and social teams to generate and distribute creative and timely content internally and externally
- Serve as project manager for internal community updates (i.e. draft emails, obtain approvals, and provide quarterly recommendations on ways to increase engagement)
- Research and track relevant media content using online tracking tool
- Draft press releases and coordinate distribution of messaging
- Attend community events to collect organic content that positively reflects the Koch Industries brand
What You Will Need:
- Pursuing or have completed a Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing
- The ability to work a minimum of 20 hours/week
- The ability to provide a portfolio if asked (i.e. draft press releases, writing samples, etc.)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Previous internship experience in public relations, communications or media relations
- Basic graphic design skills or experience working with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
Want to learn more about KII?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/VeteranExcept where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf