Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mesa, Arizona
The Driver is responsible for escorting our senior residents to community social events, various appointments and special events. A positive attitude, enjoyment of working with the elderly, safe, effective driving skills and familiarity with the areas served are important characteristics for this position
• Maintain a clean and safe bus or other community vehicle.
• Maintain a log of daily travels
• Observes all federal, state and city speed regulations and safety regulations as well as company customer service and safety policies.
• Strong knowledge of the property specific metropolitan area.
• Provide a coordinated and efficient transportation program for community residents.
• Ensures the on time arrival and departure of residents to their scheduled appointments and other scheduled events.
• Responds to particular tasks assigned by each of the supervisors.
• Participates in the planning and scheduling of daily transportation operations.
• Assists in various projects that pertain to onsite operations from time to time.
• Provides input as to how the transportation needs of the residents can be better met.
• Maintains a clean and professional appearance while at the community as well as when away from the community.
• Holds themselves and others accountable for the job or task assigned.
• Helps provide and promote a clean, organized, and sanitary work environment.
• High integrity, positive attitude, mission driven and self-directed.
• Passion, dedication and commitment for providing seniors an engaging, enlivening and captivating living environment.
• Able to handle problems as they arise in relation to the operation of the community and collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make changes to prevent the problem from occurring again.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
• Clean MVD record
• Commercial driver’s license
• One year of experience in the industry or a related field preferred.
• Working knowledge of the industry.
• Excellent verbal, written and listening skills.
• Knowledgeable in the operation and mechanics of motor vehicles.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• The position is required to regularly sit for long periods of time, walk, and communicate with residents, staff, family members and the public.
• This position requires the ability to lift items up to 50 pounds including resident parcels and/or personal mobility equipment (i.e. walkers)
• Good hand eye coordination with the ability to perform repetitive/continuous tasks according to set procedures and sequences.
See job description