Cost Engineer at Flatiron
Posted in Design 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Morrisville, North CarolinaJob Description:
Location: MULTIPLE in Southeast Region
Duration: Full-time Regular
Department: Finance & Accounting
# of Openings: 3
Req #: 2140
As a Cost Engineer working on a variety of projects thoughout the South East region, you will assist the project manager in financial analysis and reporting functions necessary to establish both current costs and forecasting. This role requires the Cost Engineer to participate in daily activities relating to cost and accounting functions that are necessary for a positive financial outcome. This position will help develop a strong project foundation for future growth.
- Review, allocate equipment accruals and apply cost codes to incoming vendor invoices for the Project Manager's signature
- Prepare Budget Revisions and Journal Entries when applicable for submission to Business Manager
- Participate in the creation of subcontractor payments and change orders
- Basic understanding of subcontract agreements may be necessary
- Assist the Project Team with tracking unsecured revenue and/or project contingencies to report to the business department
- Assist the Project Team in tracking over/under billings and taking an active role in reducing under billings
- At the request of the Project manager, assist the Project Team in preparing staff and labor projections, equipment and material projections, and productivity trend reporting and analysis on key operations to accurately forecast these costs to determine and expected financial outcome.
- Act as a liaison between the business department and project staff
- Assist the project team in closing out the project and validate the final revenue before the final bill is submitted.
- Participate in the creation of the payment application and understand its connection with the job cost report and key indicators
- Basic understanding of the owner contracts in order to be of assistance to the Project Manager on specific project requirements.
- Knowledge of project change orders
- Participate in Project Reviews with the Project Manager and Project team
- Support the financial audit process projects
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/engineering or related field plus a minimum of 2+ years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities
- Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office, JD Edwards, and EWBills.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents.
- Knowledge of accounting principles including construction accounting
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Some of the benefits you can expect as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Flatiron is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.