Lead Environmental Specialist (Environmental Construction Projects) at Enable Midstream Energy Partners
Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Position is primarily responsible for environmental permitting, resource agency consultations, and related compliance activities associated with construction and operation of midstream natural gas and liquids pipeline infrastructure (pipelines, compression, and associated treatment, processing, and measurement facilities). This position will also be responsible for active collaboration with internal stakeholders to support new project planning efforts (i.e., cost estimation and scheduling as it relates to project environmental review, assessment, and authorization).
This position requires advanced knowledge of environmental regulations and permit requirements relevant to midstream natural gas and oil facility development, with the position holder considered an expert within that area of responsibility. Work is performed without appreciable direction and completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results. Develops solutions to highly complex or interrelated problems. This position requires the ability to interpret and adapt theory and concepts into workable solutions. Leads and mentors less experienced professionals.
* Support implementation of overall strategy for environmental permitting and compliance for construction and operations of midstream natural gas and liquids pipeline infrastructure.
* Prepare, lead, or supervise the preparation/completion of technical environmental resource reports, resource agency consultations, environmental permit applications, and acquisition of applicable environmental clearances and approvals.
* Interpret environmental regulations as they apply to or affect Enable Midstream operations, communicates environmental requirements. Design, develop, or update processes and procedures to ensure completion of projects in compliance with applicable environmental laws and regulations.
* Interface with federal, state, and local environmental and resource agency staff regarding company s project planning efforts and operations.
* Review and manage contractor work to ensure services are performed according to applicable environmental specifications, standards, and regulatory requirements.
* Work cooperatively with project engineering, construction, and other staff to facilitate project planning activities, assess and relay applicable environmental permit/approval requirements, and maintain project budgets and schedules.
* Support construction compliance program through inspections of permitted projects, management of contract Environmental Inspection staff, and/or submittal of requisite construction compliance reports.
* Develops, facilitates, and presents training on various environmental permitting/compliance related topics to company and contractor personnel and mentors less experienced professionals.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resources, or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
Requires a minimum of eight (8) years of experience performing environmental permitting and compliance activities within the oil and/or natural gas industry. Must have a firm scientific understanding of environmental sciences as well as familiarity with applicable federal, state and local environmental rules and regulations.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Licenses/Certifications, Abilities & Personal Characteristics (KSLAPs):
* Ability to demonstrate in-depth and applied knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local environmental regulations and permit requirements relevant to midstream natural gas and oil facility development (e.g., National Environmental Policy Act [NEPA], Clean Water Act Section 401 and 404, Endangered Species Act, National Historic Preservation Act, etc.).
* Demonstrated experience leading the development of environmental permit applications and documents pertaining to the authorization of interstate natural gas facilities regulated by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), including FERC Environmental Reports, Environmental Assessments/Environmental Impact Statements, and other relevant environmental permits.
* Ability to effectively represent company interests during resource agency consultations and accurately communicate project scope; receive stakeholder/agency input; and provide informed assessments and determinations leading to positive project outcomes that balance resource impact minimization with project goals and objectives.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to professionally, effectively and tactfully represent the Company, both internally and with external stakeholders, in a variety of settings and media, including telephone, e-mail, written correspondence, and face-to-face meetings.
* Solid time management and follow-through skills, with the ability to simultaneously work on, manage, and prioritize multiple tasks/projects concurrently while satisfying regulatory deadlines.
* Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information, work effectively under pressure, and exercise independent judgment and discretion in dealing with a variety of individuals and situations.
* Ability to develop creative solutions and apply sound regulatory interpretation and decision making to resolve highly technical, complex, or interrelated challenges. This position requires the ability to interpret and adapt theory and concepts into workable solutions.
* Positive, flexible, and team-oriented approach with a willingness to accept, lead, and initiate a variety of tasks and assignments, as necessary, to meet project deadlines and achieve positive results.
* Strong proficiency in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) software. Ability to quickly learn other company software.
* Ability to demonstrate consistent commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the Company s Ethics and Compliance Code of Conduct, other Company policies.
* Ability to demonstrate respect for all individuals, adhere to the Company s values and business practices, and do both consistently.
* Ability to travel on a regular basis.
* Ability to view a computer screen for extended periods of time.
* Ability to work with and operate a laptop computer, smart phones, and or other electronic devices.
* Ability to lift up to 20 pounds repetitively and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
* Ability to sit for extended times.
* Ability to drive and travel long distances in a motor vehicle across operational service area (Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Illinois, Kansas Missouri, Tennessee, and North Dakota).
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time to conduct training.
* Ability to stoop, bend, kneel and climb/descend stairs.
* Ability to operate copy machine, fax machine, scanner, calculator, telephone and other office equipment.
* Ability to work a varied schedule with projects and deadlines requiring the ability to meet changing demands.
* Ability to perform work indoors in an office environment.
* Ability to work out of doors with occasional exposure in all weather conditions, in or around dirty and/or greasy equipment, and in noisy conditions when at field sites or other settings.
* Ability to work as required, often over 40 hours a week.
* Ability to travel out of town, including overnight stays, approximately 25% of the time.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Construction, Law, Engineer, Inspector, Compliance, Engineering, Legal, Quality