Environmental Specialist- GER03553 at Gerdau Long Steel North America
Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Vidor, Texas
Responsible for ensuring day to day environmental compliance at Beaumont Steel Mill in Texas. Interacting with Lawyers, consultants, vendors, and neighbors. Conducting site compliance inspections.
* Participate as directed in environmental compliance and remediation activities.
* Keep up-to-date with federal, state, and local environmental regulations by attending periodic training courses.
* Develop and implement Division's Emergency Procedures.
* Maintain Division's environmental files and reports.
* Conduct on-site inspections to ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and Company environmental regulations and guidelines.
* Maintain productive relationships with mill management and regulatory personnel.
* Responsible for carrying out company policy, programs, and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
* This position is primarily responsible for providing guidance and assistance to division management with regards to pollution control, hazardous waste and environmental issues and to assure ongoing compliance with federal, state, and local environmental rules and regulations.
* The Environmental Specialist collects samples and data required for various environmental projects, reports, permits and licenses. In addition, the incumbent is also responsible for the preparation, submission, and timely filing of all federal, state and local environmental reports.
* The incumbent will train employees in environmental policy, as well as adhere to Environmental Compliance Plans (SPCC, SWPP). In Cases where no training is in place, the incumbent will work to establish new training tools and presentations. In addition, the Environmental Specialist assists in the planning of new or updated emissions control equipment or mill project modifications to include a review of new facilities and equipment to assure compliance with all government environmental and safety rules and regulations.
* The Environment Specialist obtains and provides direction, guidance, and assistance as required to assure the most efficient and effective use of resources required for remediation activities and for short and long-term environmental compliance in line with company policy and under the general direction of the Mill Environmental Manager. Due to close contact with operating management and personnel, and federal, state and local regulatory agencies, the position requires the ability to effectively communicate with a variety of personalities and interests.
* The Environmental Specialist will work to establish long-term waste disposal solutions which meet the needs of mill operations. The Environmental Specialist is responsible for monitoring environmental activities in the mill and reporting deficiencies and/or non-compliance. Assist with Health and Safety roles and responsibilities as required.
* A Bachelor's Degree is required. Education and formalized work experience should be comparable to that experienced by a four-year technical college graduate.
* 0-3 years of work experience required. Experience in environmental compliance areas to include air and water pollution issues, waste and hazardous materials management, radiation detection/protection and hazardous waste transportation areas of a steel mill or similar heavy industrial environment.
Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or email@example.com.