Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, Texas
All jobs Environmental Compliance Specialist I
ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST I
Houston, Texas, United States
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for an Environmental Compliance Specialist I in Houston, TX.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA and DOD. Navarro s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
This position is considered a junior level environmental compliance specialist position as a Navarro employee working at NASA Johnson Space Center. Individual must understand environmental requirements and policies and apply them to field conditions, and effectively collaborate and communicate with customers.
This position involves manual activities, such as, collecting samples; operating environmental treatment systems; picking up, packaging, and moving material and waste by hand truck or forklift; inspecting and draining containments; decontaminating equipment.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* 2 years of relevant experience desired.
* Experience managing and preparing industrial and hazardous wastes.
* Ability and experience responding to and cleaning up hazardous waste/materials spills and releases.
* Ability and fitness to perform spill response using a variety of personal protective ensembles including up to Level B gear.
* Must be able to perform manual activities, such as collecting samples; operating environmental treatment systems; and easily lifting up to forty pounds.
* Must be able to perform manual activities such as picking up, packaging, and moving material and waste by hand truck or fork lift; inspecting and draining containments; decontaminating equipment.
* Environmental compliance understanding, and experience required to be able to assist in ensuring compliance by inspecting and monitoring equipment, facilities, and operations.
* Must have good written communication skills and experience preparing environmental assessment reports, experience tabulating data and analyzing them.
* Experience supporting planning of projects and experience interacting professionally with customers.
* Knowledge of environmental compliance requirements and ability to explain them to customers.
* Must be able to work with databases, develop presentation or other graphical charts, and assess compliance requirements in the field environment.
* Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
Apply for this job