Mechanic at Staker & Parson Companies
Posted in Automotive 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. George, Utah
Job ID: 126608
Western Rock Products, is a member of the Oldcastle Materials West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
As a mechanic, you will be responsible for preventative maintenance aspects of equipment within Staker Parson Co. This will include but not limited to mobile power generators, wheel loaders, Dozers track hoes, skid steers etc. You will be responsible for personal time management of all areas assigned as well as tracking and management of parts/tools.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Understand company Safety Policies and implement into daily life and be a leader in Safety including but not limited to:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO)
- Confined Spaces
- Working at Heights
- Risk Assessment
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions
- Help to ensure the reliability and performance of our equipment.
- Handle problems in a professional manner during difficult high-pressure situations.
- Perform preventative maintenance schedules according to company specifications.
- Any other job responsibilities as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience as outlined in this job specification
- 2 years of technical field experience servicing heavy equipment and trucks
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
- Hold a Valid Driver’s License and have or be willing to obtain tanker and hazmat endorsements. (CDL is preferred)
- MSHA and OSHA training a positive.
- Working knowledge in the operations of Windows based computers.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Western Rock Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Western Rock Products is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.