Truck Driver / CDL A - Milford, VA at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Milford, Virginia
Job ID: 126610
Anchor is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
Job Description Summary
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and equipment is in good working order
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment, are properly positioned
- Operate forklift to load/unload and move material to designated areas
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes
- Maintain logs of working hours using On Board Computer (OBC) system
- Maintain driver vehicle inspection report (DVIR) for vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes to document weights and to comply with state regulations
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products or other materials
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods for services when required
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions
- Inspect truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil, and water to ensure items are in proper regulation and/or working order
- Use forklift to load or unload material from trucks and to move material around the yard for storage
- Perform customer service and sales in the office when necessary
- At least 3 years of driving experience - flatbed is a plus
- Must have completed a licensed truck driver training program
- Must possess a valid Class-A CDL license
- Must be in compliance with all DOT requirements
- Clean MVR over the last 3 years with no tickets or accidents
- Perform general physical activities requiring considerable use of your arms, legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
- Other physical demands include sitting, walking, standing, bending, stretching, using hands and fingers to hold, grasp, push, and lift items
- A portion of work time is spent in a tractor-trailer truck which requires extended amounts of sitting and operating a vehicle according to DOT guidelines
- Position will also require working in warehouse and production areas where temperatures can range from cool to hot and noise level can be moderate to high
- Lifting requirements are generally up to 80 pounds with assistance if needed
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Anchor is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Anchor is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.