Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE TECHNICIAN
Full Time - Direct
Assist the Environmental Manager in the compliance with all environmental regulations.
Essential Job Duties:
* Receive SDSs from GSO receiving inspectors, expeditors and purchasers and complete the following:
* Assure Majic (GSO) inventory system has proper reference information.
* Update inventory system with hazardous material information data and personal protection data, and quantity data.
* Provide after hours and weekend support on (A) and (B) above to clear critical material through receiving.
* Make copies of SDS for onsite hardcopy SDS library
* For GSO, TLC, LCQ, OSC, and BRI facilities:
* Update AV Systems Material Inventory Reporting System (MIRS) database with reference ID and chemical constituency data
* Upload digital copies of SDS to MIRS and publish companywide SDS database.
* Find and replace MSDSs with current SDS documents in the companywide SDS database.
* Using daily chemical usage reports and inventory reports from Majic and MIRS software prepare the following reports require by HAECO GSO s, TLC, and Brice s Air Emission Permit and other regulatory requirements.
Monthly, quarterly and annual VOC, HAPs, and TAPs emission reports.
* Annual Tier II report.
* With assistance from the GSO Environmental Manager maintain records for the following regulatory programs that affect HAECO GSO:
* Waste profile, manifest, land disposal restriction, weekly inspection and invoice records for applicable non-hazardous, universal, and hazardous waste.
* Hazardous waste training requirements.
* Piedmont Triad Airports Spill Prevention Countermeasures and Control Program and Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan requirements.
* Synthetic Minor Air Permit requirements including NESHAP records for compliance with miscellaneous spray operations and internal combustion equipment.
* Industrial wastewater pretreatment permit requirements.
* O2 Generator disposal program requirements.
* International Garbage and medical waste program requirements.
* Underground storage tank program requirements.
* Refrigerant recovery program requirements.
* Chemical scrap inventory records.
* Chemical Management Technician daily log records.
* Contingency Plan
* Hazardous Materials Security Plan
* Assist as needed in the completion of hazardous waste weekly inspections and scheduling of waste disposal.
* Assist with inspections and records review from the following entities US Department of Transportation (Hazmat), US Customs and Border Protection, EPA and NC DENR Air Quality, EPA and NC DENR Hazardous Waste, NC DENR and Guilford County Underground Storage Tank, and NC DENR and City of Greensboro Pretreatment
* Assist as needed in the training and oversight of Chemical Management Technicians.
* Act as the Alternate Emergency Coordinator in the event that the HAECO Contingency Plan is activated and the primary Emergency Coordinator is unavailable.
* Serve on the emergency response team and respond to chemical emergencies (spills and releases) and be available as scheduled for after hour emergencies.
* Attend Greensboro local emergency planning committee meeting and Greensboro annual industrial wastewater user meeting.
* Must have high school diploma.
* Must have a valid driver s license and maintain acceptable driving record
* Must have computer skills to track, maintain and analyze information in various computer programs including the MIRS Software. Must be able to understand Federal, State, and Local regulations and their impact/application to the responsibilities of the position.
* Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
* Must work with confidential data and assure it is safeguarded to protect the integrity of the company.
* Must have understanding of HAECOs supply system.
* Must be able to secure and maintain certification as a hazardous material technician in accordance with 40 CFR 265.16.
* Must be able to operate monitors on testing equipment.
* Must successfully complete background check for PTIA AOA badging and KC10 badging.
* A & P certification or a minimum of 3 years experience in the heavy aircraft repair industry.
* Experience in the handling of hazardous waste including preparing manifests and determining hazardous waste codes.
* One year experience as an aircraft painter or 3 years of experience in the chemical industry or previous certifications as a hazardous material technician in accordance with 40 CFR 265.16