Linux Administrator at Guild Mortgage Company
Posted in Consultant 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Linux Administrator plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities related to the company’s Information Technology functions. The role is responsible, with limited direction, for effective installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This role is responsible for improving the stability and performance of the system, maintaining and improving the security posture of the systems, continuous monitoring of system health and troubleshooting issues that arise.
- Service and support AWS-based Cloud services and infrastructure.
- Work closely with developers to solve systems problems, participating in on-call escalation to troubleshoot issues.
- Support Dev, QA, and production Linux environments.
- Provide MySQL/Maria DB server administration.
- Improve integration, deployment and monitor infrastructure.
- Create and use tools to monitor applications and services in the Cloud including system health indicators, trend identification and anomaly detection.
- Work with QA to execute automated regression testing.
- Write documentation on installation, migration, and troubleshooting.
- Provide analytics and forecasts for Cloud capacity; troubleshoot analysis and uptime.
- Develop and implement security configurations and procedures to comply with PCI security standard.
- Maintain asset configuration documentation and inventory.
- Maintain backups of systems/environments and test on a regular schedule.
- Write and maintain installation and troubleshooting guides.
- Analyze and monitor performance bottlenecks and key metrics in order to optimize software and system performance.
- Write Bash scripts to automate daily reporting, monitoring and maintenance tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related, along with a minimum of 5 years directly related experience.
- Expertise in managing Ubuntu/Debian servers.
- Experience with Amazon AWS platform, specifically VPC, EC2, AWSCLI, S3, LAMBDA, ELB, EFS, IAM, RDS.
- Proficiency in scripting for task automation (Bash, Python, Ruby and/or Go).
- Proficient with configuration management (Chef/Puppet/Ansible).
- Deployment automation experience using Jenkins or other continuous integration tools.
- Extensive experience in database administration (MySQL/MariaDb/Amazon RDS).
- Excellent experience in using Paessler PRTG and Nagios to monitor servers and networks.
- Excellent in time management, self-starting and task management.
- Excellent communication and technical documentation skills.
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match. Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See job description