Distribution Supervisor I - 1st Shift at UPS
Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
Location: Londonderry, New HampshireJob Description:
UPS Supply Chain Solutions is currently seeking Distribution Supervisor I candidates for its logistics operations. Distribution Supervisor I impacts the organization by supervising many of the daily activities for an account, department, or station of a warehouse operation, and by ensuring inventory accuracy, adherence to quality standards, and effective staff management.
The Distribution Supervisor I will be responsible for the following:
• Oversee inventory movement from receiving, to warehouse placement, through shipment and confirmation of invoice to customer.
• Control of inventory flow through system interface .
• Supervise Inventory Control.
• Oversee the audit of receiving paperwork flow.
• Communicate to management any systems of inventory related issues from day-to-day activities.
• Listen and evaluate ideas to improve systems, productivity and inventory accuracy.
• Listen and address personal issues related to workforce and accurately track time/attendance for employees.
• Provide training for workforce for new users and retraining of current users.
• Coordinate full warehouse Inventory at designated times throughout year.
• Monitor all unshipped deliveries for accurate and timely shipments.
• Responsible for Month-End, Quarter-End and Year-End close and carry over process.
• Coordinate all damage and charity stock transfers.
• Associates Degree in Business, Logistics/Distribution or related field or equivalent experience, a Bachelors degree is preferred.
• Minimum 2-3 years of proven supervisory experience – preferably in a warehouse, distribution, or logistics environment. 3-5 years experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of Inventory placement, movement, shipment and confirmation while maintaining inventory accuracy.
• Complete knowledge of the Warehouse Management System and proven ability to work with numbers and spreadsheets.
• Proven ability to work with practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities concurrently.
In addition, candidates must possess the following skills:
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral.
• Solid working knowledge of MS Office.
• Ability to interact with people holding different positions as well as different responsibilities.